The 2021 Jackson Michigan Civil War Muster.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
After being canceled for two years in a row the Jackson Civil War Muster is suppose to return Aug. 22 & 23 at Ella Sharp Park. In the past this was the largest Civil War reenactment in the area. Has anyone heard that this is a go? I do not reenact by try to go every year to be a spectator. I am assuming COVID should not cause it to be cancelled. I wonder how big it will be after being cancelled for two years in a row? This year is the Battle of Chickamauga on Saturday and the Battle of Spotsylvania on Sunday. If I go which one should I go see?

Major Bill, I checked with a friend of mine from the 9th KY (CSA) and Jackson is still on the schedule but it is pending. In Marine Corps parlance, "Stand by to stand by, there might be a maybe!" Hit me up closer to August and I will confirm Jackson for you. I may go as a spectator myself this year.

This event has been officially canceled for over a month now. Reenacting in Michigan is a really sad spot at this time. A lot of the events range between frat parties and Klan rallies.

There is a movement among some younger people to improve things. Let's hope it succeeds.

The event at Charlton Park in Hastings is still potentially happening. I may show up and do and interpretive thing. I have no interest in participating in the battles at these things

This event has been officially canceled for over a month now. Reenacting in Michigan is a really sad spot at this time. A lot of the events range between frat parties and Klan rallies.

There is a movement among some younger people to improve things. Let's hope it succeeds.

The event at Charlton Park in Hastings is still potentially happening. I may show up and do and interpretive thing. I have no interest in participating in the battles at these things
Thank you, Breck. I shall pass this on to the 9th KY. They were unaware it was officially cancelled. They just kind of figured it was.
Garden City?? I am in Monroe. Any chance you wargame? LOL. Always looking for opponents!

Back