Thanksgiving week, *caption this!*

This is great! Thank you ami for the support and the fun! Love this forum!

I followed about 6 or 7 of 'em into the "impenetrable thicket," to the left of where the 1st TN first engaged in battle on the first day. I thought they were vultures at first. I must admit, shamefully, that I have never seen a turkey in person prior to this so I was ecstatic to have this experience. The two times I've visited Shiloh on my own, I've seen an abundance of wildlife.

Shiloh is truly sacred ground to me (and many others I suspect) and it brings me immense pleasure to be able to share my experiences with people that don't take this period in our American history for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving, all! May God bless you and keep you well this holiday season, and in the years to come!

Deo Vindice

Last edited:
Right now I'm thinking of that song I learned in the second grade. "Turkey trot trot trot across the lot lot lot" and I forget the rest. Something about hoping to make it home before Thanksgiving time.

ETA: Just remembered the rest!

Turkey trot trot trot across the lot lot lot
Feeling fine fine fine until Thanksgiving time.

Right now I'm thinking of that song I learned in the second grade. "Turkey trot trot trot across the lot lot lot" and I forget the rest. Something about hoping to make it home before Thanksgiving time.

OhhhhhhhhhKayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Ummmmm.......thanks for sharing...........:eek:

how would you caption this photo? post your caption below!

"The Wild Turkey Advance" - Sarah Bell’s cotton field at Shiloh National Military Park
photo by: CompanyAytch

CompanyAytch_zpsb3a123a6.jpg

Several years ago we had Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's house in a semi-rural area. About 4.00 in the afternoon several wild turkeys came out of the woods - I guess they figured it was safe now!

Several years ago we had Thanksgiving dinner at my dad's house in a semi-rural area. About 4.00 in the afternoon several wild turkeys came out of the woods - I guess they figured it was safe now!
Sort of like when the deer come out of hiding the day after Deer Season ends, standing by the road, with signs saying, "Missed me!"

Back