TEXAS, Truly, A Whole Other Country.

And that is why Texas is known as the "Lone Star State" Just kidding, I love Texans, maybe not that one, but in general.

My sentimets exactly. Texans are Texans, They're not northern nor southern nor southwestern ... they're Texans. No fault implied. For those who espouse southern pride, Texans are just that. And nobody else better put them into a category they don't chose to be in.

My sentimets exactly. Texans are Texans, They're not northern nor southern nor southwestern ... they're Texans. No fault implied. For those who espouse southern pride, Texans are just that. And nobody else better put them into a category they don't chose to be in.
You are 100% correct, Ole! I have always been proud to be a Texan!

I've lived in Texas my whole life, and while I am a proud Texan who loves Texas History, for the most part, I don't notice anything different about Texans then what I noticed about people in other parts of this great country. Please don't ever allow some of the more eccentric ones speak for the whole state. And please don't let the hicks speak for us either. lol. Although in all honesty, if I wasn't a Texan, I'd very likely make fun of us too. But I live in Austin and I'm happy and proud to type we're a pretty diverse city with a lot of different people living here. Anytime I leave Austin however, I'm quickly reminded that this is still Texas, and still the South, and a lot of those little towns are a hundred years behind the times.

I admit, my whole life there has always been apart of me that wished I wasn't a Texan just because I hate the stereotype we have and the rednecks, the cowboys, the small-town football worship nonsense, the narrow-minded way of thinking about Black people, gays, and just about anyone who isn't White. And then there's the hunting, the fishing, and the other stuff that involves killing animals. And not just that - The way some people refuse to change with the times, the deep accents, the Christians, and all the other stuff I named honestly embarrass the hell out of me, and I always have to try my best to convince people that we're not all like that, but honestly, too many of us are. The remake of "Straw Dogs" had the South down perfectly.

I sometimes wish I was from somewhere like L.A., or NYC, or Chicago. I love the U.S.A. and just wish I could be apart of a state that has no shame to it, and has been loyal to the Union since it was formed. No C.S.A. No Republic of Texas. Just the good ol' U.S.A. (Of course, the grass is always greener on the other side.) Really, the South/Texas is interesting as a novelty, and if I was a Yankee, I'd love to visit here, and patronize the hell out of the locals, then go back home to NYC and make fun of em'. :D

We are all stuck with where we were born and the family we are a part of.

There are faults with every state and every family.

The trick is to love and appreciate both in spite of those faults.

Because each state and each family can also post some good things and some great things.

Wishing one had been born somewhere else gives the impression that one is looking far too long at the faults and not enough time at the good and the great things.

Unionblue

I've lived in Texas my whole life, and while I am a proud Texan who loves Texas History, for the most part, I don't notice anything different about Texans then what I noticed about people in other parts of this great country. Please don't ever allow some of the more eccentric ones speak for the whole state. And please don't let the hicks speak for us either. lol. Although in all honesty, if I wasn't a Texan, I'd very likely make fun of us too. But I live in Austin and I'm happy and proud to type we're a pretty diverse city with a lot of different people living here. Anytime I leave Austin however, I'm quickly reminded that this is still Texas, and still the South, and a lot of those little towns are a hundred years behind the times.

I admit, my whole life there has always been apart of me that wished I wasn't a Texan just because I hate the stereotype we have and the rednecks, the cowboys, the small-town football worship nonsense, the narrow-minded way of thinking about Black people, gays, and just about anyone who isn't White. And then there's the hunting, the fishing, and the other stuff that involves killing animals. And not just that - The way some people refuse to change with the times, the deep accents, the Christians, and all the other stuff I named honestly embarrass the hell out of me, and I always have to try my best to convince people that we're not all like that, but honestly, too many of us are. The remake of "Straw Dogs" had the South down perfectly.

I sometimes wish I was from somewhere like L.A., or NYC, or Chicago. I love the U.S.A. and just wish I could be apart of a state that has no shame to it, and has been loyal to the Union since it was formed. No C.S.A. No Republic of Texas. Just the good ol' U.S.A. (Of course, the grass is always greener on the other side.) Really, the South/Texas is interesting as a novelty, and if I was a Yankee, I'd love to visit here, and patronize the hell out of the locals, then go back home to NYC and make fun of em'. :D
the door to the north is open

Of course, we don't count Austin as an actual part of Texas.....

RANT,,warning>>>>Texas! Heh. I love em... and I get REAL irritated with em. My new doc is from Texas. All full of himself. Why in the HELL they joined the Union after a decade of being an independent Country ....well, that escapes me. I know. I know, they did want in but dam....why mess up a good thing? Well dang, hate to bring it up but slaves and cotton were a deal in all that. Or,,,cotton and slaves. And American pride. Those on this board who tend to be the least irritated with me when I let er really go are often from Texas. Yup! Its my Northern PC friends that drive me nuts. Well, it's not my enemies that I worry about....its my friends...(so called). This is an old time quote. Heh...all in fun.

RANT,,warning>>>>Texas! Heh. I love em... and I get REAL irritated with em. My new doc is from Texas. All full of himself. Why in the HELL they joined the Union after a decade of being an independent Country ....well, that escapes me. I know. I know, they did want in but dam....why mess up a good thing? Well dang, hate to bring it up but slaves and cotton were a deal in all that. Or,,,cotton and slaves. And American pride. Those on this board who tend to be the least irritated with me when I let er really go are often from Texas. Yup! Its my Northern PC friends that drive me nuts. Well, it's not my enemies that I worry about....its my friends...(so called). This is an old time quote. Heh...all in fun.

Dear Doug: Your doctor is a tsip. Those will drive people crazy no matter where they're from. :smile: You can tell him I said so,, but be prepared.....make sure there are no needles or sharp objects nearby. :smile:

We had cotton and slaves before we joined the U.S. We wanted them to help us get rid of the pesky Comanches....but they sent us camels. Whoo.

Dear Doug: Your doctor is a tsip. Those will drive people crazy no matter where they're from. :smile: You can tell him I said so,, but be prepared.....make sure there are no needles or sharp objects nearby. :smile:

We had cotton and slaves before we joined the U.S. We wanted them to help us get rid of the pesky Comanches....but they sent us camels. Whoo.

Heh...good to see you here tonight Nathanb. Tks. You right on top of my post. Ya, I get in big trouble here when I gets too foul and too pointed in my comments. BUT...I do get over the top. I know that. I need to stay away from modern American culture and just confine myself to historical stuff. I know... pls...I know...The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon me. Actually, I like /love The Yellow Rose of Texas better. Carry on. And I dearly love, Crockett, Bowie, Travis, Bonham, Sam Houston, and other assorted fauna from Texas. Heh. Pls...watch out fer dem Comanche and HUGE buffalo herds that will destroy your homestead. Pls...I do worry bout you in that primitive reagion. :hug: Love ya. Spelled region wrong har!!!!!!!!!!

come see us in TEXAS we will vouch for you,nate lives where the whoot owls chace the chickens

Tks...strange primitive folk down there. Been there. Ya Nathan seems quite cool and very Texan... different from my Quaker founded county here in Ohio. Very different. BUT, that was many tears/years ago, young and the young Mexican gals in Corpus Christi were hot beyond belief...and brought tamales to the bar where I stayed. And 1 took me out to Padre Island and no one was around fer MILES.. Use yer imagination. This was early 70's.:skip:

Back