Test Group Editing Thread

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
This will be a Group Edited Thread.

***Line deleted by GELongstreet because some weird voice in his head told him it was the right thing to do***

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
So, as far as I can tell, your permissions outside this forum look fine, but you are restricted to the standard 24 hours outside this forum. In here there should be no limit.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Since we are all editors, I opened up the restrictions on editing your old posts. I believe you now should be able to edit any of your own posts.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Sorry, I had to re-read what you wrote, yes, you won't be able to edit any thread unless the OP gives you permission first.

I gave permission to edit my thread, so this thread is wide open, and you can edit your own threads now. You cannot edit other people's threads unless they give permission first.

Sorry, maybe I didn't make that clear. It's not a free for all :smile: Yeah, so if you have an idea for a Gentlemanrob thread, and you want to edit it, he will have to grant you permission first.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Also, in addition, if we choose to, we can set an entire forum to "Always" be collaborative, then you won't need special permission in advance.

Also, in addition, if we choose to, we can set an entire forum to "Always" be collaborative, then you won't need special permission in advance.

... that`s kinda what I´d thought was your idea in the first place. I mean people are always, and still, able to post threads on their own. And for those threads specifically posted here all who can see/edit them are in the group or from the staff anyway.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Right, so in this forum I enabled the ability to do Collaborative posts, but in normal forums you won't have that. So when you are creating content you may want to build the content in one of these special areas, like Gentlemanrob has. Then you are ready to go public, I have an additional suite of tools to adjust post dates if needed, and move threads to different forums.

If you want to do maintenance on an old thread, we would have to go out to the forum and bring it here so you could edit it, unless it was your own thread.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
And collaborative threads are something you would do as a team, you wouldn't just edit someone else's work without discussing it first.