Surprise Little Known Battlefield Visit Teaser

Harms88

Sergeant
So, this Saturday, weather permitting, I will be visiting and uploading pictures from a little known battlefield.

To not spoil what battle it is, but to hype it up, I will say this: It is a Schrodinger's Civil War Battle. Because it both is and isn't a Civil War battle. The contestants aren't all your usual suspects but without the Civil War, it most likely wouldn't have happened, certainly not the way it occured.

And it is up to the individual to decide if the factors allow it to be given the title of "Civil War Battlefield" or it just doesn't fit the bill.

Can't wait to find out where you are visiting. I have my theories on where it is

You can indeed have pretty strong guesses on the where's it may be, especially if you know where I live (I've mentioned it in posts before). So if I visit it in one day, it can't be more than a days travel from my location.

Is this going to be a new contest? The Traveler's Companion Photo of the Month Trivia contest? 🙂

Not so much. When I get there and get the pictures, I will be making a topic specifically dedicated to it where I not only will I give its name and the events of the battle, but I'll also gives arguments both for and against it's technical inclusion as a Civil War battle.

So there is a psuedo-update. I may be adding a fort to the trip. I have to do a bit more research into whether I can actually include it or not, but if I can I will add a very nice glimpse into fortifications in the region of the battlefield.

The main issue is the years. It's a replica of the original but I'm not sure the years of the original will line up with the Civil War (it was built a few decades before and I'm not sure if it was still standing). There's some other complicated history that will add some nice flair.

There is a third spot that may happen, but the particular issue with it is that I will be using the trip as a get-together with my parents and don't know how they will feel about the additional driving time.

At any rate, we shall see! Weather is supposed to be okay for Saturday.

Back