Sundown at Pittsburg Landing, Shiloh

farrargirl

First Sergeant
Baldwin County, on the Alabama Gulf Coast
BCF82AF4-C812-402A-AE8E-5B0A461553C0.jpeg

Nice shot. It's my favourite place at Shiloh. I've been there twice, once at sundown just like your photo, the other time it was packed out with visiting schoolkids and coach parties.

It was easier to imagine that April 6th chaos with all the skulkers and coffee-coolers at the landing with all the crowds around, but I preferred the peace and quiet to let my own imagination run wild!

Beautiful photos but it is so more incrdible to be see yourself! Invite everyone to come to the Park.
Regards
David
We found the Shiloh Indian Mounds overlooking the river highly interesting. One can easily imagine Native Americans using the location for trade with other groups from the location. There are additional stops showing their culture along the Natchez Trace if heading south to Vicksburg.

The mounds just add to the beauty of Shiloh NMP as well as reminding folks that this is not a out of the way place. The importance of the Tennessee River and other waterways in the lives of people in this country is brought to live through this native village as well as others.
Regards
David

Nice shot. It's my favourite place at Shiloh. I've been there twice, once at sundown just like your photo, the other time it was packed out with visiting schoolkids and coach parties.

It was easier to imagine that April 6th chaos with all the skulkers and coffee-coolers at the landing with all the crowds around, but I preferred the peace and quiet to let my own imagination run wild!
Agreed...on that day, we almost had the Park to ourselves. Quiet dignity....

Back