Summer Sheers my dears!

You mean farb fetched? ( sorry..... ) I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one! Had to ask because as you say we see the term frequently.

DO some reenactors have period correct glasses? That could get expensive in a big hurry. If it's any comfort to reenactors most of us out here just don't know a lot about these details- we're just attracted by what seems a walking, camping documentary on the war.

Bring back photos please!
My husband and I both wear period correct glasses. I bought stainless steel (farby) frames and then had our prescription lenses put in them. Mine even have half moon bifocals in them. Not horribly expensive unless your prescription is. You can see them in my profile pic. I actually like the half moon bifocals better than my invisible ones.

My husband and I both wear period correct glasses. I bought stainless steel (farby) frames and then had our prescription lenses put in them. Mine even have half moon bifocals in them. Not horribly expensive unless your prescription is. You can see them in my profile pic. I actually like the half moon bifocals better than my invisible ones.

I'm a little smitten by wire rim glasses anyway. The new styles are getting just massive. It's a look but they must be difficult to carry around on your nose.

OK, another ' farb ' question. If you buy new glasses that are the same as what someone wore 150 years ago, is it still farb? Does a reenactor have to find a 150 year old, antique pair to be ' correct'?

I'm a little smitten by wire rim glasses anyway. The new styles are getting just massive. It's a look but they must be difficult to carry around on your nose.

OK, another ' farb ' question. If you buy new glasses that are the same as what someone wore 150 years ago, is it still farb? Does a reenactor have to find a 150 year old, antique pair to be ' correct'?
No, you can use a modern repro for your lenses. They did have tinted lenses, if your eyes were “weak”..I bought a repro frame for my son, just now trying to figure out who I can get to do lenses on the cheap!

Back