Stonewall by John J Dwyer ---- accurate?

treefrog

Cadet
I have recently read the book Stonewall by John J Dwyer and I found the book very very good and I couldn't put it down. It is a story about Stonewall Jackson's life and I don't know much about him and I was wondering if it was accurate. Have any of you read the book and could answer this question??? I was going to teach some people about Stonewall but I don't want to teach them something inaccurate.

-Treefrog

Hi, Tree!

Can't say as I have read the particular book you mentioned, but I have read somewhat on Jackson. I have been under the impression that the bio by Robertson was quite good; however, there is just so much out there!

Jackson's wife, Mary Anna, wrote two books about her husband. One, "Memoirs of Stonewall Jackson" had been published for a time by Morningside but is now out of print. (Good luck to anyone trying to find a copy.) Another "Life & Letters of Stonewall Jackson", also written by his wife within a few years of her other book, is still available albeit in limited numbers. I recently did a search on the web for books about Stonewall, and discovered that "Life & Letters" is listed by both amazon.com and also by an online Christian website.

At least "Memoirs" allegedly has some rare Jackson family photos within its covers...... including wedding photos of his daughter, Julia.

Back