Sterling Price's Lieutenants

Anyone have a copy of "Sterling Price's Lieutenants" by Peterson & McGhee? Looking to peruse a copy, but don't plan to visit Missouri for several months. It appears there are several copies at libraries throughout Missouri, including one on Fort Leonard Wood, near where I grew up. It looks like the research library at Wilson's Creek has multiple copies, however they are closed for remodeling until summer of 2020. At 500+ pages, I assume it would be asking too much for someone to photo copy it (lol).

I have a Revised Edition that I purchased directly from the publisher a few years back. Sadly a perusal of their webpage doesn't list it as available any more. If I had the time or resources I'd gladly photocopy it for you. However, if there is something specific you are looking for, I would be happy to try and take a picture of a few pages with my phone and send them to you.

I have a Revised Edition that I purchased directly from the publisher a few years back. Sadly a perusal of their webpage doesn't list it as available any more. If I had the time or resources I'd gladly photocopy it for you. However, if there is something specific you are looking for, I would be happy to try and take a picture of a few pages with my phone and send them to you.
I appreciate the offer. I figured I should at least ask in this group. I'm not looking for any one specific item, just wanted to see if it would be a good resource. I have a copy of McGhee's Missouri Confederate troops, which I really like.
I wasn't aware that they had revised/ reprinted it.

I appreciate the offer. I figured I should at least ask in this group. I'm not looking for any one specific item, just wanted to see if it would be a good resource. I have a copy of McGhee's Missouri Confederate troops, which I really like.
I wasn't aware that they had revised/ reprinted it.
cant photo copy it, its the size of a big city phone book, over 500 pages, lists every known officer of the Missouri State Guard down to company commanders.

Lists every unit of every division of the MSG and all its officers

Last edited:
cant photo copy it, its the size of a big city phone book, over 500 pages, lists every known officer of the Missouri State Guard down to company commanders.

Lists every unit of every division of the MSG and all its officers

Exactly why I'd like to find a copy. Guess I'll have to make the trip out West and examine it for myself.

Alex:
I realize that this is an old thread. I am interested in what is in the book for two men -
Francois "Frank" Valle, in Perry County Missouri 1860 Census, may also be listed for Ste. Genevieve County
Urban Presnel or Pressnell, in Bollinger County Missouri 1860 Census.
Both are listed as Captain in 1861 documents.
Thanks, Fred

Alex:
I realize that this is an old thread. I am interested in what is in the book for two men -
Francois "Frank" Valle, in Perry County Missouri 1860 Census, may also be listed for Ste. Genevieve County
Urban Presnel or Pressnell, in Bollinger County Missouri 1860 Census.
Both are listed as Captain in 1861 documents.
Thanks, Fred
francis valle- 2nd LT, CO C 1st infantry battalion, 1st division MSG, Later 1st LT CO I 7th Mo Cav Regt CSA
Co C was raised in Perry and Ste Genevieve counties sept 1861

Presnal not listed

You might ask your local library to obtain a copy of the book through the library loan program for your use. I've had good
success with those requests. For years there weren't any rental or postage fees. Now I do pay the postage costs-- still an
unbeatable bargain for unusual books.

francis valle- 2nd LT, CO C 1st infantry battalion, 1st division MSG, Later 1st LT CO I 7th Mo Cav Regt CSA
Co C was raised in Perry and Ste Genevieve counties sept 1861

Presnal not listed
Thanks for the prompt reply. Presnel likely was not in an organized unit. The October 1861 entry that I found for him tells of his robbing stores in Perry County, Missouri. Interestingly, in 1860 Census he is listed as a merchant in nearby Bollinger County. He may have needed to restock his merchandise inventory.

I found another person in the diary that I am researching:
William H. Couzens from Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri
His records that I found on Fold3 state that he served in the Missouri State Guard.
Thanks

I found another person in the diary that I am researching:
William H. Couzens from Ste. Genevieve County, Missouri
His records that I found on Fold3 state that he served in the Missouri State Guard.
Thanks
Theres two listed in same unit

Both in 3rd Regt 1st Div MSG

Major William H Couzens- He had been a 2nd Sgt in the 2nd Missouri Mounted Volunteers in the Mexican war. He later served as a Major in 2nd Missouri Cav Regt CSA

Captain William H Couzens Company C (Hughnot Horse)

Back