Chose one for us to try and make!

• Let's Pretend it's Apple Pie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
My boys and I are going to start making some of the Civil War Era recipes posted here at CivilWartalk!

But I need your help! I've chosen 3 recipes, I think we might be able to do on limited budget and time. Please vote for the recipe you want to see us try to decipher and create!

**they will be working on their cooking adventure and merit badge for scouts by doing this project!

Here are the 3 I've narrowed it down to:

Let's Pretend it's Apple Pie

Apple Fritters
Sliced Apple Pudding

Make your choice, we are shopping tonight!

Last edited:
I would choose apple fritters since they are easy to prepare and kid friendly and easy to eat without any fuss. My cooking philosophy is the easier or simpler a recipe the better tasting the food. David.

I went with the pudding..although, I just finished making apple butter, another super easy thing to make..just time consuming! I now have 18 8 oz jars of it, and a big pot of apple sauce on the stove. I will be giving jars of apple butter as christmas gifts, and to some of my co-workers.

I went with the pudding..although, I just finished making apple butter, another super easy thing to make..just time consuming! I now have 18 8 oz jars of it, and a big pot of apple sauce on the stove. I will be giving jars of apple butter as christmas gifts, and to some of my co-workers.
I made peach butter this summer! It’s going to be teacher gifts this year :D

SO many of these discussions could spawn another thread- Campfire Chat, Best Teacher Gifts. We have a lot of teachers here, and around a gazillion stories per career. I know one who still has a 1st grader's present, framed. Drew a her as a crayon angel. You'd sleep with that under your pillow, it's so dear.

Back