1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Modern Spring Dinner

Discussion in 'Foods of the Civil War' started by donna, Mar 20, 2017.

1. donna

donna Brev. Brig. Gen'l Forum Host

Frittata with Spring Greens

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1 medium onion diced
    1/4 lb mustard, kale, spinach or other greens, stems discarded and leaves chopped
    8 large eggs, beaten
    1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
    1/3up grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a tablespoon of oil in 8 inch cast iron skillet. Add onion and cook over moderately high heat until golden. Stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add greens and cook until tender.

Season eggs with salt and pepper and beat with remaining oil. Pour into skillet and cook over moderate heat until bottom and sides begin to set. Lift the sides of the frittata to allow the uncooked eggs to seep under. Cook until bottom is set and top is still runny., about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake about 5 minutes, until center of the frittata is set.

Serves 4.

Enjoy and happy Spring!

Anna Elizabeth Henry likes this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Anna Elizabeth Henry

Anna Elizabeth Henry 2nd Lieutenant Silver Patron

Sounds yummy! Thanks Donna. I don't know if I have any spring-y recipes to share, but I'll check. As there is still icky ice and snow on the ground in NYC I'm not yet feeling spring, but as it's my dad's birthday today and my boss's as well, I've got some celebrating to do today!

upload_2017-3-20_9-47-25.jpeg

donna likes this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)