Some places in Louisiana

The great seafood restaurant chain Ralph and Kacoo's began as a mom and pop place in New Roads in the late '60s. It was better before being bought by Piccadilly Caferteria of Baton Rouge who probably over expanded the brand. Still very good though, we often eat at the one in Bossier City on the way to the Louisiana farm.
We used to eat at a place called Satterfield in New Roads. It was very good back in the day, with a great view of the False River. I wonder if they are still open?

The great seafood restaurant chain Ralph and Kacoo's began as a mom and pop place in New Roads in the late '60s. It was better before being bought by Piccadilly Caferteria of Baton Rouge who probably over expanded the brand. Still very good though, we often eat at the one in Bossier City on the way to the Louisiana farm.

I was just there Friday night during my trip to Mansfield for dedication of new additions to the park there. I had crawfish etoufee and fried tails; the etoufee was disappointing but the tails were very good and so was their house white wine!

I knew I'd get some hits when I threw out that restaurant bit. The CWT army does not travel on hardtack. We forage. :D

All of my Sunday activities were at the re-enactment,so I am gonna post all the pics in that thread:

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/port-hudson-march-25-26-2017.130313/

I will say that the Union officers were so disgusted with their boys being repulsed at the works Saturday that they had them out drilling early Sunday morning. :D :

2017-03-26 10.53.47.jpg

Okay...so I posted the pics from the re-enactment in my thread in the Events,Living Histories and Reenactments forum. The last thing to say about that is before I left on Sunday,I went back to the Camp Moore sutler's tent and bought a coupla more of their books about Camp Moore to give to friends and a Dvd of the film in the Museum for me. I just couldn't leave without doing a little more to support the 501(c)(3) that maintains and manages Camp Moore. The weather was great going home and I felt good about the whole trip. Already got a list of places to hit next time I hit the road that way. :D

Back