Some Pictures From the Wilderness Where Immigrants Fought and Died

Laurely Hill where the 140th NY suffered so heavily.
IMG_0120.JPG

Definitely going to the Wilderness when I can make it back to the East Coast - it looks like a very interesting place filled with A LOT of history :smile:

Definitely going to the Wilderness when I can make it back to the East Coast - it looks like a very interesting place filled with A LOT of history :smile:
It is a park that needs to be seen on ranger walks because it is not extensively marked. We found the NPS folks willing to spend all the time it took for us to understand the battlefield.

The best part is if you go to that area you have 4 battlefields at your disposal in such a small area.

Pat I agree if you don't have someone really knowledgable with you for the Wilderness battlefield, you will not get much out of it driving around by yourself because of how it is marked etc

I've been to New York City 8 or 9 times and I've always had a good time there when I do go. Still haven't figured out how to interpret the subway map but it's still fun.
I am a widower who recently began seeing a woman in Brooklyn. Lived in the NY area for 56 years but I still get confused by subways in Brooklyn.

Phil's Chicken House 1208 Union Center Maine Hwy, Endicott, NY 13760 is another great place for Upstate bbq chicken.
(607) 748-7574 For those of you not familiar with Endicott, it is just west of Binghamton.

A a Binghamtonian, I can concur about Phil's Chicken House. We order it for parties all the time and everyone loves it.

As for Dinosaur BBQ, I was up in Syracuse on Saturday for the 'Cuse lacrosse game, we tried to go to Dinosaur for dinner afterwards, but the wait was over 2 hours. It's one of my favorite places to go. We always have a bottle of their sauce at home to cook with.

Have you been to the Dinosaur BBQ in NYC? It's just as good as the original location. They recently opened up one in Brooklyn as well.

I am a widower who recently began seeing a woman in Brooklyn. Lived in the NY area for 56 years but I still get confused by subways in Brooklyn.

When mum and myself went to Brooklyn in 2010, we got confused by the subways as well Pat, but we managed to work it out in the end with no major hassles.

Here is video of the closing ceremonies of the 150th Anniversary of the Battles of The Wilderness and Spotsylvania.

Thanks to the great NPS folks who organized this, all the volunteers and the reenactors who made it possible.

Had an intern supervisor who grew up in Brooklyn--said that he was once taking some standardized test in which you answer the next in the series and one question was the numbers of the subway stops from Brooklyn.

A great thread, Pat, thanks for the photos.

Had an intern supervisor who grew up in Brooklyn--said that he was once taking some standardized test in which you answer the next in the series and one question was the numbers of the subway stops from Brooklyn.

A great thread, Pat, thanks for the photos.
Thank you. I learned series by Long Island Railroad stops.

Back