Miniatures Some Civil War Models I Painted A Few Years Ago.

ForageCapFan

Cadet
Some USCT i painted back in 17, sadly i have no idea what i did with them(sorry if this is the wrong forum)

qySLnM9.jpg

Very Nice Job. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Very nice, you have a much steadier hand than I ever have had, I'd have trouble painting them with a spray can.

Nice job. Hope you find them

I think they may of disappeared when the house was being cleaned out, used to store them in a non-descript box and must of chucked it out without a second thought.

I do like the thought of 54mm to 75mm CW minis, would be better for display rather than 28mm. Very time consuming painting them by brush when you have undercoat, thin paints with water and layer to create shade in the models etc.

I think they may of disappeared when the house was being cleaned out, used to store them in a non-descript box and must of chucked it out without a second thought.

I do like the thought of 54mm to 75mm CW minis, would be better for display rather than 28mm. Very time consuming painting them by brush when you have undercoat, thin paints with water and layer to create shade in the models etc.
A few of mine

IMG_2510.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

Nice detail work! I always love seeing these setup on battlefield displays....

Unfortunately we don't have a forum for miniatures, that would be a fun forum though. I wonder how much interest there would be in a forum for that!
Hi Mike,
I’m certain that a miniatures forum would be popular, very often we see threads on CW war games and the topic of conversation invariably leads to miniatures and dioramas. There’s been a few great threads on the subject but they are scattered all over the shop. It would be great to see a dedicated forum.

Hi Mike,
I’m certain that a miniatures forum would be popular, very often we see threads on CW war games and the topic of conversation invariably leads to miniatures and dioramas. There’s been a few great threads on the subject but they are scattered all over the shop. It would be great to see a dedicated forum.

I agree, I'd like to see a forum dedicated to models, war games, etc.
Any idea how we could go about doing this?

I agree, I'd like to see a forum dedicated to models, war games, etc.
Any idea how we could go about doing this?
Well Booner, it’d need someone with enthusiasm to be a forum host, you know, someone with a bit of time on their hands and experience with dioramas etc...hey, wait a minute..aren’t you a keen diorama builder.:smile:

Go on...send Mike a PM and offer your services, I’d do it myself but I’m hosting the Pickett and Battlefield preservation forums.

Well Booner, it’d need someone with enthusiasm to be a forum host, you know, someone with a bit of time on their hands and experience with dioramas etc...hey, wait a minute..aren’t you a keen diorama builder.:smile:

Go on...send Mike a PM and offer your services, I’d do it myself but I’m hosting the Pickett and Battlefield preservation forums.

Well played.

Back