In the Field Soldier tribute, and my relic hunt

You did a fantastic job and couldn't have chosen a better soundtrack....the music from Gettysburg is PERFECT!!

A beautiful tribute to the brave men on both sides. They all sacrificed so much for their cause....

The period photos you added of unit cohesion brought additional emphasis to your search and discovery. You had some excellent finds.
On 3:57 into the video, I found a man wearing bed-slippers in front of their mess-tent, satisfying himself with a good cigar, and with clean plates stacked against the center pole, seeming to say 'Job well-done.'
Concurred;
Lubliner.

This was the first video I ever made. It is about my most recent relic hunt this past February.

The music is from the movie Gettysburg, and the pictures are either period, or mine.

Nicely done! Can you clarify for me the location for your relic hunt? You state it is Fair Oaks Farm. Is this the site of the Fair Oaks Battlefield in May-June of 1862? My great-grandfather was in the Fair Oaks Battle with the 1st NY Lt Artillery, Battery B, part of the 2nd Corps. If the farm is the same location, I'd be interested in knowing if you were accessing private ground on the field. I've been to the area and like much of the battlefields from the Peninsula Campaign, development has consumed most of them. Thanks and enjoyed the movie.

Nicely done! Can you clarify for me the location for your relic hunt? You state it is Fair Oaks Farm. Is this the site of the Fair Oaks Battlefield in May-June of 1862? My great-grandfather was in the Fair Oaks Battle with the 1st NY Lt Artillery, Battery B, part of the 2nd Corps. If the farm is the same location, I'd be interested in knowing if you were accessing private ground on the field. I've been to the area and like much of the battlefields from the Peninsula Campaign, development has consumed most of them. Thanks and enjoyed the movie.

Fair Oaks farm is private property in Culpeper County Virginia. I mistook it for the battle at first, but this was a part of Meades campaign in late 1863. I can't remember the name, maybe Bristoe Station campaign? Anyways, light casualties, but a hard fought skirmish. I'll post a link to more info about the battle site later.

Back