Slavery; THE Cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Friends,

Well, here it is. The 'new' thread Bill Torrens and myself have talked about beginning, over the sole issue of slavery. Was it THE primary cause of the Civil War? Or was it merely one issue of many issues that led to the four years of blood shed and destruction that engulfed the nation for four terrible years? One of the many strains and stresses that led to the breaking away of the Deep South or THE primary reason for that break?

I myself have maintained on this board many times that slavery is THE cause, the one and only, that brought this nation to near destruction, that no other issue could bring about the war that has uniquely defined this country we call the United States of America.

How that cause came about and why it sparked this war will be my primary argument here on this thread and I will try to use historical documents and evidence where ever I can to prove that record reinforces that view.

I invite all to participate, to place your views on the subject of slavery and it's effect upon the war.

And with that, I await your pleasure.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back