Restricted Debate Slavery as Cause of the Civil War: "Revisionists," "NeoRevisionists," and "Fundamentalists"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Rebforever

Lt. Colonel
Then of course it must be true ! I found your rhetoric by searching the web. There are eighteen pages to this thread so far and the only source i remember from you was a newspaper article that did not even make your point much less state facts.
You must have seen someone else's post. Mine was not a news paper.

John Fenton

Corporal
You must have seen someone else's post. Mine was not a news paper.
You need to catch up...
Your source was a magazine , excuse me , it still doesn't make your point.
The Virginia Cavalcade, a handsomely illustrated magazine of Virginia history and culture, was published quarterly (January, April, July, and October) by the Library of Virginia from 1951 to 2002. Each issue contained 48 pages of engaging, authoritative articles, and illustrations in color and black-and-white, depicting Virginia history from the age of exploration to the mid-twentieth century.

You had to do something to keep your boss satisfied. You can't get away from it.
yes you can. Not being a slave makes you free to become the “boss”. However you have a slave owning mentality concerning your idea of what a boss is. If you let your boss be your master then you gave up your freedom although you can still get another job. It’s not too late.
Edit to add : you should join a “Union”.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
But he is your boss. there is the rub.
You had to do something to keep your boss satisfied. You can't get away from it.
9 to 5, for service and devotion,
You would think that I
would deserve a fair promotion,
Want to move ahead
But the Boss won't seem to let me
I sear sometimes that man is out to get me...

Edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Fenton

Corporal
No, it was the Birmingham area in earlier years.

Birmingham is located in Jones Valley, one of the southernmost valleys of the Appalachian mountain chain. Veterans of Gen. Andrew Jackson's army that defeated the Creeks at Horseshoe Bend were the first settlers to reach the area in 1815.

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/article/h-1421
In earlier years it was called Elyton . I can not find any carriage or buggy makers there but there was a plantation at a cross road Your knowledge of creek wars has no bearing here.
Are you saying that the war was over coveted buggies ?
There was a plantation there called Arlington at a crossroads on the cotton trail. It became cotton avenue in the westend section of Birmingham. Plenty of slaves there, perhaps they made buggies too.
Wilson stayed there during his raid but he left it intact, fully functional, unsacked or looted. I don’t think he found anything to covet. The slaves were emancipated and the owners found new business in creating the city of Birmingham.

Shelby's Foot

Corporal
Any support of the confederacy and it’s policies and institutions, is in my opinion, unAmerican ! And constitutes a cesspool that bashes the true American ideals of equality and independence, with liberty and justice for “all”.
I had a chance to think about this. The United States of America is a confederacy, isn't it?

Article of Confederation
The style of this confederacy shall be "United States of America."

I guess you mean the other confederacy.

John Fenton

Corporal
I had a chance to think about this. The United States of America is a confederacy, isn't it?

Article of Confederation
The style of this confederacy shall be "United States of America."

I guess you mean the other confederacy.
I thought i smelled something burning or was it Al Bundy’s feet ? No i do not. The USA is a federation since adopting the constitution mostly written by southerners and forming a more perfect union.

Shelby's Foot

Corporal
I thought i smelled something burning or was it Al Bundy’s feet ? No i do not. The USA is a federation since adopting the constitution mostly written by southerners and forming a more perfect union.
A "federation?" So, that's how you get around that.

IDK who Al Bundy is. I didn't watch Star Trek.

John Fenton

Corporal
A "federation?" So, that's how you get around that.

IDK who Al Bundy is. I didn't watch Star Trek.

A federation (also known as a federal state) is a political entitycharacterized by a union of partially self-governing provinces, states, or other regions under a central federal government (federalism). In a federation, the self-governing status of the component states, as well as the division of power between them and the central government, is typically constitutionally entrenched and may not be altered by a unilateral decision of either party, the states or the federal political body.
Nearly all modern Western-style democracies are types of representative democracies; for example, the United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy, France is a unitary state, and the United States is a federal republic.
(Wiki)
It is the major difference between the AOC and the Constitution.
You must be a pollywog. Al Bundy is a fictional character from an 80’s sitcom. It launched the Fox network. If the the smell is anything like my dear ol’ dad’s feet it will peel paint. I hope that was not you thinkin’...

demiurge

Sergeant
But he is your boss. there is the rub.
There is a world of difference between boss and master.

Under antebellum laws, a master could rape your wife, sell your children, and deny you civil and legal rights. You could not freely travel, you could not own property to better yourself, and often times it was illegal for you to read.

This is why there is a world of difference between a racist society, and one that contends that one portion of the human race is not even human, and deserves no protections under the law.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!