Skirmish along Cumberland River, Kentucky June 18, 1864

airlinkdiva

Private
Good afternoon!
Normally when I come across an article I need, I bookmark it to use as a reference. However I failed to do so and need help.
I'm doing research on the 8th Heavy Artillery USCHA. June 18, 1864 a number of them were involved in a skirmish on the Cumberland river.
I happen to come across a paper written about a skirmish around this date. It was written by a county historian about Civil War. Part of this even happen during a full moon night and several of the CSA had family in the area. The Union was a larger group moving in the area.
I tried every tag to bring it back up and got so much in my laptop history, can't recall what date I noticed
Can't recall the county. But if anyone is an expert on Kentucky counties can help me thanks!

Garrison duty at Paducah, Ky., till February, 1866. Operations against Forest in Kentucky March 16 to April 14, 1864. Action at Fort Anderson, Paducah, Ky., March 25, 1864. Expedition from Paducah, Ky., to Haddix Ferry July 26-27, 1864. Skirmish near Haddix Ferry August 27, 1864. Mustered out February 10, 1866.
Not in June but the county I believe is
Breathitt County, Kentucky

Back