Side Bar Riots North and South

Given that Southern troops were not unknown for defecting to the Union I reckon Confederate conscription officers wished they could recruit anybody but Southern whites :wink:
Leftyhunter

Given the superior fighting qualities of Southern whites, I reckon recruiting officers did wish there was more of them. :biggrin:

And like Black Confederates, their numbers are grossly exaggerated. :O o:
Based on what sourced information? I am not aware of any scholarly estimation of how many Unionist or Confederate guerrillas there were. Do you know of any?
What is not in dispute is that black Confederate soldiers are not mentioned in the ORs.Unionist guerrillas are.
Leftyhunter

Based on what sourced information? I am not aware of any scholarly estimation of how many Unionist or Confederate guerrillas there were. Do you know of any?
What is not in dispute is that black Confederate soldiers are not mentioned in the ORs.Unionist guerrillas are.
Leftyhunter

So based on sourced information, you have no idea how many Confederate guerillas, Union guerrillas, or Black Confederates there were.

So based on sourced information, you have no idea how many Confederate guerillas, Union guerrillas, or Black Confederates there were.
Technically the sourced information is a bit vague of how many White Confederate combatants there were.

Technically the sourced information is a bit vague of how many White Confederate combatants there were.
I've seen estimates of between 700,000 to 800,000, but yes, sourced information can be a bit vague at times. I was able to find at least two Chinese-Siamese Confederates soldiers.

"Chang's son Christopher and Eng's son Stephen both served in the Confederate army. The twins lost most of their money with the defeat of the Confederacy and became very bitter."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/381437601806?rmvSB=true

I've seen estimates of between 700,000 to 800,000, but yes, sourced information can be a bit vague at times. I was able to find at least two Chinese-Siamese Confederates soldiers.

"Chang's son Christopher and Eng's son Stephen both served in the Confederate army. The twins lost most of their money with the defeat of the Confederacy and became very bitter."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/381437601806?rmvSB=true
Not sure how I feel about an old ebay picture auction without the picture as evidence.

Back