Shotgun's American Civil War

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
shotgun.jpg

The site was originally designed to help High School through Junior College students, and maybe just someone who wanted to know more about the late "unpleasantness". However, it has grown considerable since it's original publication and I think there is something here for everyone now.

http://www.civilwarhome.com/

An excellent site, highly recommended. Its definitely more than just a site for High School students now; you can find pretty much everything you want to know on there. Lots of battle reports, articles, etc.

"In other words, I believe that States rights were at the center, injustices were the support, and that slavery was the catalyst.
Now, having said that, I would like you to take a look at what, in my humble opinion, one of the greatest men to come out of the war had to say, Lt. Gen. John B. Gordon, CSA. He was not only a great warrior, he was a great politician after the war, a great speaker and a great writer. "

WTF ... I have known of Shotgun for years, but never saw anything like this expressed by him. Facepalm ... calling a major terrorist "one of the greatest men to come out of the war?" I am speechless.

Dick and his wife died just a few days apart. Apparently, she decided that she didn't want to go on without him. Dick was one of the kindest, most knowledgeable and most generous people that I have ever had the distinct good fortune of knowing, and you will find contributions of mine all over that site of his. He reveled in helping school kids with their assignments--something that I will not do--and in providing that site for use by anyone who was looking for information on the Civil War. When I heard of his passing last fall, it saddened me deeply. Some of my favorite times were spent tramping battlefields with Dick.

Since his wife is also gone, I have no idea what will happen to the website. If I may be so bold, Mike Kendra, if you're interested, I can get you the contact information of his daughter, and perhaps you can contact her about moving all of that excellent content over here. Please let me know if you want me to do so.

Back