Shoes for those with larger feet

OldReliable1862

First Sergeant
I was looking for shoes for a Georgia artillerist impression, when I discovered a rather unfortunate fact: my feet are too large for C&C Sutlery. I'm a size 15, so buying regular shoes for me is a bit difficult. I can see I'm probably going to have to get them custom made (currently looking at Missouri Boot & Shoe).

I also wanted to ask: what shoes should go with a typical private in a Georgia battery?

I was looking for shoes for a Georgia artillerist impression, when I discovered a rather unfortunate fact: my feet are too large for C&C Sutlery. I'm a size 15, so buying regular shoes for me is a bit difficult. I can see I'm probably going to have to get them custom made (currently looking at Missouri Boot & Shoe).

I also wanted to ask: what shoes should go with a typical private in a Georgia battery?
You can't go wrong with Missouri Boot, I have several of his products and very happy with them. Also a very nice guy and very helpful when you get him on the phone (although it may take a few tries)

Don't know much about Civil War footwear but know it is a @(^$(#@^** to find size 13 and sometimes a 14 in either tennis shoes or golf shoes so you have my sympathies!
Regards
David

T.J. Maxx and Marshall's (same parent company) have sports shoes up to size 18. The larger sizes sometimes get marked down to $5.

They don't carry golf shoes, do they? I have gotten outer wear products quite often at Maxx and you are spot on with their bargains
Regards
David

They don't carry golf shoes, do they? I have gotten outer wear products quite often at Maxx and you are spot on with their bargains
Regards
David
Not sure about golf shoes.

EDIT: I just remember seeing some shoes with cleats.

Actually this is a question I was just thinking of because I wasn't sure if I needed to upgrade my brogan game. I have size 12 feet and noticed some places do half sizes. Would a size 12.5 be better for me since I'd be wearing wool socks?

Back