Shiloh / Pittsburg Landing Forum Host

Ole Miss

Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. QM Stones River / Franklin 2022
I asked for the opportunity to be the Host of the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and have been given this opportunity. I have only one goal and that is to increase the interest in this battle which at its time was the largest battle to ever take place on the continent. I plan to post an interesting thread weekly to see if we can generate activity about this great battle.

I look forward to interacting with y'all in this forum.
Regard
David

Congrats, Looking forward to them as Shiloh is one of my favorites as thats where I found my first relic at age 13 it was a minie washed out of the back of the sunken road, been hooked ever since.

I asked for the opportunity to be the Host of the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and have been given this opportunity. I have only one goal and that is to increase the interest in this battle which at its time was the largest battle to ever take place on the continent. I plan to post an interesting thread weekly to see if we can generate activity about this great battle.

I look forward to interacting with y'all in this forum.
Regard
David
Looking forward to it.

Shiloh was the first place that I ever visited. I was a 14 yr old Boy Scout and it truly woke me up to the CW. The is sheer beauty in some places there (when the peach orchard is in full bloom) while also reminding us of the depravity of man and the horror of war (bloody pond).

We had 3 hikes there and I lost the patches at some point along the way.

Going back is on the Bucket List

Congratulations. I have access to most Michigan Civil War era newspapers so if you want to see some of the letters by Michigan soldiers at Shiloh let me know.
As a fellow Michigander, I've always jokingly tell others while being at Shiloh and showing them the markers for the 12th & 15th Michigan, that they sustained certain losses due to having to cover for the Ohio regiments in the area that were making a run back towards Pittsburg Landing, ha.
(I'm a U of M fan, so any friendly barb I can give, I usually don't hesitate. :wink: )

Looking forward to the discussion threads. I grew up only about 30 miles from Shiloh. Always was one of my favorite spots to visit. About as far out in the "middle of nowhere" as you can get!
I thought so as well, then I went to Andersonville...

Congratulations. I have access to most Michigan Civil War era newspapers so if you want to see some of the letters by Michigan soldiers at Shiloh let me know.
Bill
Would love if you shared the letters with us as individual views of a battle are so seldom seen. I am aware of 4 units from Michigan:
Battery B 1st Michigan Artillery
12th Infantry
13 Infantry
15th Infantry
I will look for the Official Reports of each unit and post them in a thread because as far as I can determine that has not been done yet.
Regards
David

Back