Shiloh Muster Side Trips

Also I fear an old threat he's made of a shovel to the back of my head if I find a Confederate belt plate before he does after his decades of digging, so if anyone sees me take off running during the dig, y'all know why. Hopefully he found one on his recent digging trip in Virginia, I couldn't survive another shovel whack in my lifetime.
Tell him hope springs eternal as I have only found 5 CS plates in my 45+ years of digging. If he found one in VA you would know it by now. I will go over to the site before y'all get there and make sure there are no CS plates so you don't get a shovel to the head as you can't afford another one. :whistling:

Tell him hope springs eternal as I have only found 5 CS plates in my 45+ years of digging. If he found one in VA you would know it by now. I will go over to the site before y'all get there and make sure there are no CS plates so you don't get a shovel to the head as you can't afford another one. :whistling:

Oh there's no need for you to go over the ground first! I'm skilled in the art of escape.

Tom has the largest collection of buttons and buckles I've personally seen, one CSA plate I've admired as long as I've known him. He just ain't dug one up himself, and I recall more than few times he quietly swore he'd find one.

But I do have one question. How much ground has been dug around in at this site?

But I do have one question. How much ground has been dug around in at this site?
I can't say. Its private property that is near the park so we will find out when we get there. I'm sure its been hunted and you can never find it all and the detectors I have are state of the art. Now if you want to find some stuff :whistling:

I can't say. Its private property that is near the park so we will find out when we get there. I'm sure its been hunted and you can never find it all and the detectors I have are state of the art. Now if you want to find some stuff :whistling:

I've been looking over maps of the battle, I reckon we ought to find some great goodies. Provided the "relic gods" smile on us.

I figure UCV would have the area "seeded" for us, so we will be like "wow a 3 band Enfield still packed in grease" :bounce:
Let me know how that works out, more than likely it would be discount coupons redeemable at ucvrelics.com- The best little warhouse on the interweb. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm wondering if it may have been part of the land we encamped on in 1987 for the 125th Shiloh; I remember at that time two Confederate buttons were supposedly found during the event! (I didn't see either of them, just heard about it.)

Shiloh Tours in Pittsburg Landing. Get lunch at the mom'n pop gas station across the highway it's actually really good!

Buford Pusser Home and Museum in Adamsville.

Catfish Hotel in Pittsburg Landing.

Man I'm bummed I'm missing this year.

One useful piece of info . 1 county road 317 is where the cornbread will be cooking Thursday night. There will be signage .
What time would we need to start for that quick trip to the "Beauregard Line" and how much time will we need to set aside?

Can see it in a few minutes . Only time consuming part is the hike to it . Need to do it before noon .

Can see it in a few minutes . Only time consuming part is the hike to it . Need to do it before noon .
Roger that. I was wondering how that could be accomplished with the afternoon relic hunt and dinner scheduled for Thursday. Lemme check with my road dog travelling companion. Sounds like the kinda place few people go to which is my kinda place. And yeah...Ole Miss is right...you gotta keep an eye me. I'll wander off. :D

Roger that. I was wondering how that could be accomplished with the afternoon relic hunt and dinner scheduled for Thursday. Lemme check with my road dog travelling companion. Sounds like the kinda place few people go to which is my kinda place. And yeah...Ole Miss is right...you gotta keep an eye me. I'll wander off. :D
If you wander there , it's either fields or swamp

I thought that that would be right up your alley.
KIMG0773.JPG

Back