Shiloh in early June

I have been to the Chickamauga and Chattanooga area several times over the years. If I remember correctly there are 17 National Park Service recognized sites related to battles/action in the Chattanooga area. There are multiple other sites within 1-2 hours drive of Chattanooga.
Yep. Last week,I spent Tuesday at Franklin and Wednesday-noon Saturday at Chattanooga/Chickamauga and didn't even come close to seeing half of all there is to see.

No, not yet. If I had more time for this trip I was going to fly into Nashville and visit those places as well as Fort Donelson, Stone's River, and Shiloh. Maybe this fall I will have time to do that trip, but more than likely it will be next year.
I understand completely

One correction....Hagy's Catfish Hotel is a restaurant on the river on the road immediately north of the main park entrance. It isn't more than a mile away as the crow flies.

Back around the 145th anniversary of the battle in 2007 there was a good little roadside restaurant at a crossroads somewhere between Shiloh and Corinth we used as our "headquarters" during the reenactment, but 5 years later during the sesquicentennial it had gone out of business. Similarly a near-famous gas station and snack shop near the park was also GONE and standing vacant; it had been the registration center for I believe both the 125th and 135th Shiloh reenactments. I think I now remember seeing the sign for Hagy's back in 2012 but even if I had remembered it I would be reluctant to make a recommendation based on something even that long ago considering the history of places in that area!

Back around the 145th anniversary of the battle in 2007 there was a good little roadside restaurant at a crossroads somewhere between Shiloh and Corinth we used as our "headquarters" during the reenactment, but 5 years later during the sesquicentennial it had gone out of business. Similarly a near-famous gas station and snack shop near the park was also GONE and standing vacant; it had been the registration center for I believe both the 125th and 135th Shiloh reenactments. I think I now remember seeing the sign for Hagy's back in 2012 but even if I had remembered it I would be reluctant to make a recommendation based on something even that long ago considering the history of places in that area!

Is one of the places you mentioned at the south end of the park where you turn left to go to Corinth from the park? Across from a little museum?

The last time I was in Savannah (2012), there was a great little bistro right downtown. This spring, it was no longer there. Sadly, the restaurant business is a tough one and a lot of them fail.

Is one of the places you mentioned at the south end of the park where you turn left to go to Corinth from the park? Across from a little museum?

The last time I was in Savannah (2012), there was a great little bistro right downtown. This spring, it was no longer there. Sadly, the restaurant business is a tough one and a lot of them fail.
The catfish hotel overlooks the TN River. I am trying to think of the museum. I know Raphaels is near by, but I am having to remember where that is in relation to the restaurant. Tooo Google!!!

Yes; that was a well-known spot to reenactors, but like you say all business, especially in remote places like Shiloh, can be tough, especially in our recent economy. I have fond memories of several places in and around Savannah from the six weeks spent there working on Glory; I've sometimes wondered how many of them are still there?

Back