Miniatures Share Your Non-Civil War Miniatures Here!

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
This Thread is here specifically as a place to post any photos of Non-Civil War Miniatures, either your work, or your photos of amazing work you think is worthy of showing off to others!

Please don't post Non-Civil War Miniatures photos anywhere but this thread!

Please don't post any Civil War Era Miniatures in this thread! If you see that someone has mistakenly done this, please report it and we will probably move it out and turn it into it's own thread so it can be featured on the forum and shared properly!

Thanks!

After pulling out several figures, I turned the box over and dumped out the styrofoam peanuts. This Lancer fell out — without breaking.
This is an Airfix kit. Counting the two Airfix figures I used on my Waterloo diorama(one mounted on a horse from another Airfix kit) this makes 3 of these Airfix Polish Lancers kits that I built.
His saber has broken off and his reins.
My standard method of painting horses was to apply a base coat and let it dry. Then “dry brush” a lighter color.
The base coat I used on this horse is almost a brownish Chocolate. The 2nd color was close to a tan — maybe almost yellow. You will think this combination wont work. But the dry brush feathers the colors and lightens up the dark.
This is a nice animated figure. I may have one unfinished kit in storage. I know I have several Airfix kits.

060C2549-C3E4-4622-BCF1-33D30599A2B0.jpeg

922DE4B5-3BA4-4397-BF8C-4A6E6700685B.jpeg

I found a few other unfinished figures. I bought some kit that contained 4 or 5 Samauri warriors and a lead soldier that may be Austrian Napoleonic. But I wont post all my junk.
Like I said, I got bored with my cable TV out. I got so bored I went out and bought a Kel-Tec Sub2000. My wife even approved. She says I will never be able to stop an intruder with my Black Powder weapons. I got the Green Light!!

Nice job on the figures, and I liked your sketches too.

I'm surprise you could find the Kel-Tec. Even in normal times they are hard to find. I have their PMR 30 and the CMR 30, both of course are in .22 magnum rimfire. I'd like to hear about how you like that Sub2000.

I'm surprise you could find the Kel-Tec.
Hey! My Cable is fixed. I'm back in business.

Wow! My iPhone photos are huge. They don't looks so clear on the widescreen Puter.

Booner--- My son-in-law didn't think KelTec still made the this one. Many other people said they are hard to find. This store in Germantown, TN had 2 in stock. They had plenty of guns and were doing a bustling sales business every day I went over to check out this carbine. I was reading up on pistol caliber carbines and this meets most of my criteria.

Hey! My Cable is fixed. I'm back in business.

Wow! My iPhone photos are huge. They don't looks so clear on the widescreen Puter.

Booner--- My son-in-law didn't think KelTec still made the this one. Many other people said they are hard to find. This store in Germantown, TN had 2 in stock. They had plenty of guns and were doing a bustling sales business every day I went over to check out this carbine. I was reading up on pistol caliber carbines and this meets most of my criteria.
Tell me how it runs-that is, when you can find something to feed it.

I found a few other unfinished figures. I bought some kit that contained 4 or 5 Samauri warriors and a lead soldier that may be Austrian Napoleonic. But I wont post all my junk.
I know this is for posting photos of finished figures. I thought I would show some of those old Airfix kits and the Samurai kits. If this doesn't belong here, I can delete the post. Just FYI.

I have 3 packages of Samurai but most of them are Shoguns and not fighters. There is 2 samurai plus the package of riflemen.
I have an old Squadron/Rubin figure of Austrian officer. It looked okay but I have kept it for 40 years because I never thought it was good enough to put effort into painting it.
I don't know why I have 2 of both the Coldstream Guards and the Rifle Regiment. Probably got a deal or my buddy sent them. The Guard has 2 arm positions; the one I painted(see above) was modified so he is holding the ramrod. I modified one French infantry into a Swiss infantry---just to add color to my collection.
One Airfix mounted figure left.
Here is one complete Historex mounted figure. The later production were packaged in a box. I have one more in a bag; maybe enough pieces left for 2.

Kits Airfix.JPG

I had f
I know this is for posting photos of finished figures. I thought I would show some of those old Airfix kits and the Samurai kits. If this doesn't belong here, I can delete the post. Just FYI.

I have 3 packages of Samurai but most of them are Shoguns and not fighters. There is 2 samurai plus the package of riflemen.
I have an old Squadron/Rubin figure of Austrian officer. It looked okay but I have kept it for 40 years because I never thought it was good enough to put effort into painting it.
I don't know why I have 2 of both the Coldstream Guards and the Rifle Regiment. Probably got a deal or my buddy sent them. The Guard has 2 arm positions; the one I painted(see above) was modified so he is holding the ramrod. I modified one French infantry into a Swiss infantry---just to add color to my collection.
One Airfix mounted figure left.
Here is one complete Historex mounted figure. The later production were packaged in a box. I have one more in a bag; maybe enough pieces left for 2.
I had forgotten about the old Squadron / Rubin figures .

I probably hung on to that one for 45 years!!!!
My oldest uncompleted is an HR mountain howitzer and mule that I bought in 1969 ! It is 80% painted but for some reason I just can't finish it . I keep thinking about a small diorama but always find other projects to do . HR is still in business and still makes the mountain howitzer and mule . They made lots of 1/32 scale weapons as well and some figures that weren't so good .

Finally I boxed the pieces up and put it into storage. Some arms & hats fell off— or were never glued on.
BTW, the guy at Right Front position is missing his arm & the ramrod.
I found the other box that had missing and extra parts for my French Artillery set.
I found the missing arm and ramrod, the Ammo box(which sits in the trail of the cannon), the sponge bucket, one painted shako and several soar packs, rifles, shako and arms & legs.
I guess I have 2 dioramas I have to finish.

BUFFALO SOLDIER

This is another bust I made in 2010, inspired from the painting below.
Sculpted in Super-Sculpey firm and Magic-sculpt .

1/10th Scale.

I built the head using Super-Sculpey Clay and someone recommended using ball bearing for the eyes ( ideal for painters as it's a super smooth finish) not so good as an experience for me , I found it creepy and not something I used again.
Buffalo Soldier 13.jpg
Buffalo Soldier 1.JPG
Buffalo Soldier 2.JPG

Next stage was building the hat using Magic Sculpt. I rolled out a circle so I could fold the brim then added the crown.
Next I scrunched Aluminum foil in the shape of the body and covered it with Super Sculpey Clay .
The straps (shown white) were made by rolling out Magic-Sculpt and then followed by adding more Sculpey Clay to make the scarf , shirt and belt buckles.

Buffalo Soldier 3.JPG
Buffalo Soldier 5.JPG
Buffalo Soldier 7.JPG

Lastly the crossed swords on the hat were added, again using Sculpy clay.
The final picture shows a break down of the pieces ready for casting.
Buffalo Soldier 8.JPG
Buffalo Soldier 11.JPG

I also decided to sculpt a Flat based on the same picture.
IMG_3090.JPG

BUFFALO SOLDIER

This is another bust I made in 2010, inspired from the painting below.
Sculpted in Super-Sculpey firm and Magic-sculpt .

1/10th Scale.

I built the head using Super-Sculpey Clay and someone recommended using ball bearing for the eyes ( ideal for painters as it's a super smooth finish) not so good as an experience for me , I found it creepy and not something I used again.
View attachment 408667 View attachment 408668 View attachment 408669

Next stage was building the hat using Magic Sculpt. I rolled out a circle so I could fold the brim then added the crown.
Next I scrunched Aluminum foil in the shape of the body and covered it with Super Sculpey Clay .
The straps (shown white) were made by rolling out Magic-Sculpt and then followed by adding more Sculpey Clay to make the scarf , shirt and belt buckles.

View attachment 408670 View attachment 408671 View attachment 408672

Lastly the crossed swords on the hat were added, again using Sculpy clay.
The final picture shows a break down of the pieces ready for casting.
View attachment 408673 View attachment 408677

I also decided to sculpt a Flat based on the same picture.
View attachment 408685
Great job again on a subject rarely modelled . Very impressive hat insignia . Yes ,the unprimed eyes do remind me of that old movie "Village of the Damned" , but I bet it looked great when primed . I'm struggling a bit with a bust that the sculptor put small holes to represent the irises .

Yes ,the unprimed eyes do remind me of that old movie "Village of the Damned"
No. It more accurately matches Yul Brenner in “West World”.

E5DACA8B-E419-450A-8EB7-BD8C2104A7F2.jpeg

Seriously you did a great job capturing the face from that painting. Faces are really hard to sculpt. I’ve NEVER tried but it obvious by many figures I have seen that has some detail that is just “off”.
Really great, man.

Back