Miniatures Share Your Non-Civil War Miniatures Here!

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
This Thread is here specifically as a place to post any photos of Non-Civil War Miniatures, either your work, or your photos of amazing work you think is worthy of showing off to others!

Please don't post Non-Civil War Miniatures photos anywhere but this thread!

Please don't post any Civil War Era Miniatures in this thread! If you see that someone has mistakenly done this, please report it and we will probably move it out and turn it into it's own thread so it can be featured on the forum and shared properly!

Thanks!

This is if I remember correctly, the very first Flat Plaque that I made in 2011. Measures 6" high x 4.1/2" wide x 1/4" deep and sculpted using Super Sculpey Clay .
It depicts a scene of the German Army at the battle of Stalingrad during World War 2.
I wish I could take credit for the amazing artwork on the right which was kindly painted by a friend.
In my opinion he's one of the top painters in the U.K of WW2 military miniatures and believe it or not this was his first attempt at painting a Flat.

Stalingrad 1.jpg
Stalingrad.jpg

This is if I remember correctly, the very first Flat Plaque that I made in 2011. Measures 6" high x 4.1/2" wide x 1/4" deep and sculpted using Super Sculpey Clay .
It depicts a scene of the German Army at the battle of Stalingrad during World War 2.
I wish I could take credit for the amazing artwork on the right which was kindly painted by a friend.
In my opinion he's one of the top painters in the U.K of WW2 military miniatures and believe it or not this was his first attempt at painting a Flat.

View attachment 380719 View attachment 380720
That is a beautiful sculpt and your friend did an outstanding job painting it . It looks like it belongs in an art museum. Is that an edelweiss on the cap?

Yes you're right , he did a fantastic job, and yes it is an edelweiss which was quite difficult to sculpt.
View attachment 380751
Are you on the search for other edelweiss in different positions? I purchased decades ago the supposed floor sweeps of Czechoslovakian jewelry factories that hadn’t been bombed during WWII. I’ve got several metal repousse edelweiss along with many smaller examples on glass buttons which could be used as molds for casting.
Would you care to see photos in case any might be helpful for your work?

Are you on the search for other edelweiss in different positions? I purchased decades ago the supposed floor sweeps of Czechoslovakian jewelry factories that hadn’t been bombed during WWII. I’ve got several metal repousse edelweiss along with many smaller examples on glass buttons which could be used as molds for casting.
Would you care to see photos in case any might be helpful for your work?

Many thanks for the kind offer, however this is a small plaque I made in 2011 and even the ones you mention on small glass buttons would probably be too large if I was to do anything on that subject/scale again.
Always nice to know though, someone that can help if needed, sounds like a nice collection.

Many thanks for the kind offer, however this is a small plaque I made in 2011 and even the ones you mention on small glass buttons would probably be too large if I was to do anything on that subject/scale again.
Always nice to know though, someone that can help if needed, sounds like a nice collection.
If you ever change your mind, just let me know. :smile:

View attachment 380719 View attachment 380720
I'm familiar with the original period artwork and you've certainly done a good job replicating it in this fashion!

Found these Elfs, Barbarians, Dwarfs and Wizards stashed away in the bottom draw, left by one of my son's when he moved out.
Bought at our local Games Workshop and painted by me many years ago.
Found these Elfs, Barbarians, Dwarfs and Wizards stashed away in the bottom draw, left by one of my son's when he moved out.

View attachment 382321
Did the game Traveller ever have any figures to accompany it?

I'm not familiar with the game Traveller so had to google it. It seems they were all Game books and there's no mention of any figures used in the game. If anyone knows different please correct me.
Yeah, I’m old. :wink:
This was our RPG of choice in the early to mid 80’s. You assumed a character and based on dice rolls, you got your powers. So, I could see how general characters might have been made but I figured the specifics would be way too varied to have cast that many combos.

Now, I may be off as I doubt I’ve played since ‘85... but, as best I recall that was the general concept.

Just thought if there had been some figures floating around, it’d be a fun gift for my high school friends. I’m fortunate that we’ve kept up with each other.

Momma dubbed us the “Lunch Bunch” as we are outside regardless of the weather as the school cafeteria wasn’t the cheeriest of locations. We’re all over now, MA, NJ, TX, VA, CA, FL, GA, MD, TN.

And, I thank you for your comment as you’ve made me decide once the pandemic is over we have to get the bunch back together.

Yeah, I’m old. :wink:
This was our RPG of choice in the early to mid 80’s. You assumed a character and based on dice rolls, you got your powers. So, I could see how general characters might have been made but I figured the specifics would be way too varied to have cast that many combos.

Now, I may be off as I doubt I’ve played since ‘85... but, as best I recall that was the general concept.

Just thought if there had been some figures floating around, it’d be a fun gift for my high school friends. I’m fortunate that we’ve kept up with each other.

Momma dubbed us the “Lunch Bunch” as we are outside regardless of the weather as the school cafeteria wasn’t the cheeriest of locations. We’re all over now, MA, NJ, TX, VA, CA, FL, GA, MD, TN.

And, I thank you for your comment as you’ve made me decide once the pandemic is over we have to get the bunch back together.
That'll be a logical nightmare getting all you guys together again, not sure what State the central location would be in.:smile:

That'll be a logical nightmare getting all you guys together again, not sure what State the central location would be in.:smile:
We never did do anything easily. Since everyone always ended up at my home- Momma liked cooking for and feeding all the boys- I’m thinking I’ll offer up our place.
Or, we could pick someplace crazy- Fiji? Aruba? And, we could have a destination reunion.

View attachment 382321
I actually recognize some of those figures from when my son was involved in the hobby, but he was more of a Mech Warrior kind of guy.

Nice job on the painting!

This is a Bust I created in 2013 of a 78th Regiment (Frasers Highlander) during the French-Indian war 1754-1763.

I was checking out which regiment this was and it got confusing. The 78th and 72th Regiments were joined to form the Seaforth Highlanders in 1881.
But other wiki-articles say the 78th Regiment of Foot became the 72nd Regiment of foot. One says the 78th Regiment fought in a battle in New Jersey late in the American Revolution.

I found this:
How many 78th Regiments were there?

Back