Share-A-Badge From Your Home State...

Private Watkins

2nd Lieutenant
Being from Oklahoma and all, it's pretty slim pickings when it comes to ACW related relics with an Oklahoma connection (you folks east of here have just a slight advantage). That's why I was excited to see a UCV Reunion Badge from the 28th Annual Reunion in Tulsa from back in 1918.

So I thought I would share it with you folks, but ask in turn that you share a reunion badge or ribbon (GAR or UCV...) from your home state, or some other comparable tangible ACW related relic that has such similar home state connection... and if somebody from your state beats you to it, feel free to find and share something else. Thanks!
ucv28annreunbdgtulsa18obv.jpg

(For those of you outside the U.S., feel free to liberally interpret a connection of something or someone ACW related back to where you live as you wish...)

Last edited:
A rare example of a 7th Mississippi Volunteer Infantry reunion medal.
View attachment 74620
"Worn in pride by the veterans themselves to many United Confederate Veterans reunions this is, to our knowledge, the only existing reunion medal for the 7th Mississippi Volunteer Infantry."
http://www.7miss.org
Some years ago when I was working at the Old Court House Museum in Vicksburg, I had a visitor come up to me and ask if I could identify some Civil War badges that belonged to her ancestors. One of the items she pulled out was a ladder badge that looked very similar to yours, and as I remember it was also for a member of the 7th Mississippi. In addition, she also pulled out an identified Washington Artillery Badge with the Lion head and "Try Us" motto. According to the inscription on the back, it was presented to the soldier in 1860.

RETURN OF THE COLORS
After the ceremony, the Pennsylvania flags were taken back to Harrisburg and displayed in the old capitol building, then (fortunately) transferred to the executive office building, then moved back to the new capitol building that replaced the original building that burned down. In the 1980s, the state began a preservation program and the flags were removed to a special conservation facility. I had the honor of working for the project as a fund raiser, giving talks to CWRTs and civic groups. Over 400 Civil War and Spanish American War flags are conserved and can be viewed online at www.pacivilwarflags.org. The flags can also be seen by making an appointment.

RETURN OF THE COLORS
After the ceremony, the Pennsylvania flags were taken back to Harrisburg and displayed in the old capitol building, then (fortunately) transferred to the executive office building, then moved back to the new capitol building that replaced the original building that burned down. In the 1980s, the state began a preservation program and the flags were removed to a special conservation facility. I had the honor of working for the project as a fund raiser, giving talks to CWRTs and civic groups. Over 400 Civil War and Spanish American War flags are conserved and can be viewed online at www.pacivilwarflags.org. The flags can also be seen by making an appointment.
That is fanastic...! Thank you!!

Back