Sgt Steele's small arms of the Infantry exhibit

Every once in a while I am asked to put together an ACW firearms display... some accuse me of doing a nice job. They keep giving me picnic tables to put my display on, takes some figuring to make it look acceptable.

I need 6 more arms to make the display complete. M1817 rifle, M1855 rifle, M1861, French rifle, Special Model 1861, Lorenz & a Spencer Rifle. I have a good start.

View attachment 102333 View attachment 102334 View attachment 102335 View attachment 102336 View attachment 102337

wow! very impressive johan_steele! all that's missing is the whitworth rifle with long telescopic sight(unless I missed it on the images) and the colt repeating rifle BUT I do not recommend this firearm for it is known to have problems and can discharge all rounds at once and injure your hand and maybe losing a finger or two. I once saw a colt repeating rifle for sale at a pawnshop but didn't buy it for it was a nonfiring replica.

johan_steele, Do you have any videos of yourself with these firearms on Youtube? If not, you definitely should! Posting history on these rifles and even target shooting too! I do think many would learn and benefit greatly from your vast knowledge on firearms on this war period. :smile:

johan_steele, Do you have any videos of yourself with these firearms on Youtube? If not, you definitely should! Posting history on these rifles and even target shooting too! I do think many would learn and benefit greatly from your vast knowledge on firearms on this war period. :smile:
I don't have a video camera... at least I don't think we do... besides I have a face only a wife can love. Thanks for the thought.

I don't have a video camera... at least I don't think we do... besides I have a face only a wife can love. Thanks for the thought.
Hey, I've seen your photos you're not ugly at all. You look just fine. Just an average looking fella like me and many(most men). If it makes you feel any better, you could photoshop the videos with a picture of Brad Pitt's face. lol

Last edited:
I've got 3 of your want list items. PM me and I'll send details on the 1817, M61, and M61 Special. All are in really nice condition.
I’ll keep that in mind; though the m1817 is the one I need now. I have picked up a Amoskeag Special Model and a Whitney M1861.

If I pick up a new/old rifle right now the wife will have my guts for garters.

Back