Sgt Steele's small arms of the Infantry exhibit

As another note since I started this thread a couple years ago I now only really need an M1817 to complete my 4th MN collection but still need... ok, ok want an M1860 Spencer Rifle and a Ballard Rifle. An M1855 rifle and a M1841 w/ long range rear site would be nice as well a Lorenz but... That will not happen anytime soon.

Every once in a while I am asked to put together an ACW firearms display... some accuse me of doing a nice job. They keep giving me picnic tables to put my display on, takes some figuring to make it look acceptable.

I need 6 more arms to make the display complete. M1817 rifle, M1855 rifle, M1861, French rifle, Special Model 1861, Lorenz & a Spencer Rifle. I have a good start.

View attachment 102333 View attachment 102334 View attachment 102335 View attachment 102336 View attachment 102337
Wow!

As another note since I started this thread a couple years ago I now only really need an M1817 to complete my 4th MN collection but still need... ok, ok want an M1860 Spencer Rifle and a Ballard Rifle. An M1855 rifle and a M1841 w/ long range rear site would be nice as well a Lorenz but... That will not happen anytime soon.
That is the line of reasoning that I use on my wife about buying another cannonball, All that I need is one more XYZ and I'll be finished-that worked for the first few years; but now all that I get is an icey stare. Good Luck my friend.:D

That is the line of reasoning that I use on my wife about buying another cannonball, All that I need is one more XYZ and I'll be finished-that worked for the first few years; but now all that I get is an icey stare. Good Luck my friend.:D
When she gets annoyed all she does is smile and remind me I still owe her an original 1866 Winchester.

Every once in a while I am asked to put together an ACW firearms display... some accuse me of doing a nice job. They keep giving me picnic tables to put my display on, takes some figuring to make it look acceptable.

I need 6 more arms to make the display complete. M1817 rifle, M1855 rifle, M1861, French rifle, Special Model 1861, Lorenz & a Spencer Rifle. I have a good start.

View attachment 102333 View attachment 102334 View attachment 102335 View attachment 102336 View attachment 102337

@johan_steele ,

Hard core, old friend, definitely hard core!

Sincerely,
Unionblue
PS: Check your will. I want a crack at that collection when you join that Big Blue Squadron in the Sky! :wink:

Very Nice. Here is a display that I built out of cedar and I put the bottom cross pieces on an angle so you could put your tags and there is enough room for some led lighting. I also put a flat cross piece for the top with room for more led lighting. The bottom piece is wider so you can clamp it to the table. You can put any backdrop in them and use Velcro on the flags and swap them out. They are really cheap to build and can hold a lot plus I pocket screwed all the corners and the back piece of 1/4 plywood hols it all together nicely.
IMG_20170208_161606460(1).jpg
IMG_20170208_161907211(1).jpg
IMG_20170318_134135721.jpg

Very Nice. Here is a display that I built out of cedar and I put the bottom cross pieces on an angle so you could put your tags and there is enough room for some led lighting. I also put a flat cross piece for the top with room for more led lighting. The bottom piece is wider so you can clamp it to the table. You can put any backdrop in them and use Velcro on the flags and swap them out. They are really cheap to build and can hold a lot plus I pocket screwed all the corners and the back piece of 1/4 plywood hols it all together nicely.
View attachment 317690View attachment 317691View attachment 317692
Very nice, but you had better keep an eye on that fellow to the left, he looks kind of shifty to me.:sneaky:

Back