Sesquicentennial Photos

Jeffry

Private
What's your choice of the best/most interesting photo you yourself took at the various Sequicentennial events? I'll start with mine -- reenactor
Richmond.Capitol & Flags.jpg
s of the 22nd USCT on 4 April 2015, recreating their march into Richmond a hundred years and one day before.

IM000871a.JPG

The only event I attended during the Sesquicentennial was Shiloh in April, 2012, where I took these two of the sun rising above the Union artillery camp and Confederate troops before the battle. As part of the medical display our camp was set up near the sutler area not far from the battlefield, giving us access to both. The fluffy clouds below gave way that night to a full-blown thunderstorm that fortunately missed our camps but destroyed those of a nearby smaller competing event held at the same time.

IM000875.JPG

Last edited:
Oh Oh!!!! Never posted a picture before (obviously LOL). Can someone tell me how to edit two images out?

Okay got it! Thank you.

Last edited:
Beautiful photo! The only thing I can fault is the comparative closeness of the opposing lines - otherwise, it looks like the real thing.

Last edited:
IM000872a.JPG

Here are a couple more from the 150th Shiloh that I don't like quite as well, mainly due to the inclusion of the crowd watching the reenactment in the photo below, but it's still a good view of the many pieces of Confederate artillery representing Ruggles' Battery shelling the Hornets' Nest in the edge of the woods in the background.

IM000879.JPG

Oh Oh!!!! Never posted a picture before (obviously LOL). Can someone tell me how to edit two images out?

Okay got it! Thank you.
Now that you've figured out how to post them, we'll be expecting to see more, especially in my regular Throwback Thursday!

Reactions: ami
The only event I attended during the Sesquicentennial was Shiloh in April, 2012, where I took these two of the sun rising above the Union artillery camp and Confederate troops before the battle. As part of the medical display our camp was set up near the sutler area not far from the battlefield, giving us access to both. The fluffy clouds below gave way that night to a full-blown thunderstorm that fortunately missed our camps but destroyed those of a nearby smaller competing event held at the same time.

Those two pictures have a touch of realism that I often find missing in reenactments. The second one especially. No one is posed for the camera. They are simply men going about their business.

The first one is beautiful - as are all three - but looks too "stagey"; NO supporting infantry would stand in formation like that right behind the gun line where they would be "sitting ducks" for enemy artillery. I presume the problem was one of space - there simply wasn't enough room for them because of the bleachers!

Back