September to Remember 2017 Retreat From Gettysburg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Eric is posting tail gunners at the back of the bus to "discourage" any snakes....:sneaky:

if-mad-max-drove-a-school-bus.jpg

@War Horse, I just got word that my sister, Sheryl, is a definite YES. So please add one more to the list!

And @Nathanb1 and James N., that also means you'll have one more Texan in the crowd!
(Everybody else: Watch out! We may be approaching critical mass....)
That's fantastic news. I've added her name to the list. :smile:

Hey @War Horse, my 16 and 22 year old sons would like to do the Bus tour as well. Add them on the list if you would please! They have been spending time with me in Gettysburg and the 3 of us Adopted the Rodes Division monument and the O'Neal's brigades markers thru the NPS. Great program that we can take part in helping with the upkeep of the park. Their names are Kalev and Y'hoshua.

Hey @War Horse, my 16 and 22 year old sons would like to do the Bus tour as well. Add them on the list if you would please! They have been spending time with me in Gettysburg and the 3 of us Adopted the Rodes Division monument and the O'Neal's brigades markers thru the NPS. Great program that we can take part in helping with the upkeep of the park. Their names are Kalev and Y'hoshua.
You got it Ray. What a tremendous why to spend the day with dad!!!! Very cool

This is the first I've heard of the adopt-a-monument program. Does the NPS do that at other battlefield sites too? I hope you'll consider starting a thread about it to tell everyone here about the program.

So I really, really want to go. The thing is, I am actually in the later stages of an application for an internship this fall in D.C., which actually would make attending way easier, reducing my drive from 10 hours to two and a half. But the process is pretty long. Plus it sounds like I have to work a full-40 hour week, presumably including that Friday. I'd still want to go, even if I have to miss the bus tour, though. It would likely be just me this time around. So mark me down as a Definitely Maybe for now.

Last edited:
So I really, really want to go. The thing is, I am actually in the later stages of an application for an internship this fall in D.C., which actually would make attending way easier, reducing my drive from 10 hours to two and a half. But I'm actually going to have to obtain security clearance (it's for the U.S. State Department) and the process is pretty long. Plus it sounds like I have to work a full-40 hour week, presumably including that Friday. I'd still want to go, even if I have to miss the bus tour, though. It would likely be just me this time around. So mark me down as a Definitely Maybe for now.
Trust me go in saying you have a long term commitment and you'll get Friday as well. Set lt up from the beginning my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back