September to Remember 2017 Retreat From Gettysburg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh goodness. Had no idea this was a ' thing '. I realize booking early is better but just can't this early. The kind of chaos we have around here, it just isn't possible. Sure as check, someone's head will fall off and roll under the table. It's generally my job to go get it. Had a brief respite a few months ago when the hemlock fell on the roof.... . :angel:

No one does this part of the Gettysburg story! Imboden's train of wounded can keep you up at night, reading of them, wondering what in blazes any of them thought about being in the middle of cavalry battles. Also have developed a good nerd's longing to have been present for Lee's engineers and their patchwork pontoon bridge, working against time. Here's hoping some Gorilla Glue and luck show up.

Mike, I only now noticed - and not really to complain - but shouldn't the title for this be Retreat From Gettysburg?

Mike A. ( @mkyzzzrdet ) and I will both be likely attendees again; I'll contact him and make sure he knows the details.
Thanks James. I can change the title. I'm thrilled you and Mike will be joining us again.

Thanks for keeping me in the list but, alas, my trip last year was more than probably the only pilgrimage I'll ever make. I do hope all who make it this year will get as much out of it as I did. I do wish I could meet some of you again and others I didn't meet. If you're ever travelling up or down I-5 let me know ahead of time and I'll buy lunch.

Thanks for keeping me in the list but, alas, my trip last year was more than probably the only pilgrimage I'll ever make. I do hope all who make it this year will get as much out of it as I did. I do wish I could meet some of you again and others I didn't meet. If you're ever travelling up or down I-5 let me know ahead of time and I'll buy lunch.
You and your lovely wife Andrea will be missed.

The 1863 is preparing the contract and will forward it to me via email. We will have a block of rooms available 9/28, 9/29, 9/30 and 10/1.

O'Rorkes has agreed to allow us to use the upstairs venue for the evening of the 29th.

We are well on our way.

So far we have 10 people stating they intend to join us.

I'll provide more details as they become available.

The 1863 is preparing the contract and will forward it to me via email. We will have a block of rooms available 9/28, 9/29, 9/30 and 10/1.

O'Rorkes has agreed to allow us to use the upstairs venue for the evening of the 29th.

We are well on our way.

So far we have 10 people stating they intend to join us.

I'll provide more details as they become available.

Count me in, Mike (if you haven't already). I will be commuting and won't need a room though.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back