Sept. 30th Hot Mulled Cider Day

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Today is Hot Mulled Cider Day. It is cool and rainy here and a day to have some Hot Mulled Cider. Also, it a is day to toast the Cook Award Winners for Sept. A cup of cider is perfect to drink for the toast to them.

Hot Mulled Cider Recipe:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 quarts fresh cider
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
3 inch stick cinnamon

Combine brown sugar, salt and cider. Tie spices in small pieces of cheese cloth; add to cider mixture. Slowly bring to a boil and simmer, cover for 20 minutes. Serve hot with a twist of orange peel and cinnamon sticks. Makes 10 servings.

Today is Hot Mulled Cider Day. It is cool and rainy here and a day to have some Hot Mulled Cider. Also, it a is day to toast the Cook Award Winners for Sept. A cup of cider is perfect to drink for the toast to them.

Hot Mulled Cider Recipe:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 quarts fresh cider
1 teaspoon whole allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
3 inch stick cinnamon

Combine brown sugar, salt and cider. Tie spices in small pieces of cheese cloth; add to cider mixture. Slowly bring to a boil and simmer, cover for 20 minutes. Serve hot with a twist of orange peel and cinnamon sticks. Makes 10 servings.
Way back when in the sixties we went skiing at Hunter Mtn. In N.Y. and at the lodge bar they would serve hot mulled cider but with a shot of bourbon in it, they called it a broken leg.really hit the spot coming in from the cold.

Way back when in the sixties we went skiing at Hunter Mtn. In N.Y. and at the lodge bar they would serve hot mulled cider but with a shot of bourbon in it, they called it a broken leg.really hit the spot coming in from the cold.
Yeah! I bet it would warm these old bones! Is it legal to have one without going out into the cold first?

Yeah! I bet it would warm these old bones! Is it legal to have one without going out into the cold first?

No. No, it's not legal. You are required to go out onto the porch, turn around three times, and run back inside! :laugh:
But isn't mulled cider with bourbon then a toddy? :confused: Whatever it is, I'll have a big one!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's not legal. You are required to go out onto the porch, turn around three times, and run back inside!
Thanks for clarifying that! Can I use an enclosed porch if the weather is bad? Just want to be prepared for the upcoming seasonal change. Oh! is that one shot for each rotation? So if i turn around six times...hhmmmmm.

Back