Sept 23-24 2017 25th Annual Settler's Day Manville RI

Glen_C

Sergeant
An event I have attended and displayed at since 2003

cZ3r7dl.jpg

http://www.msrgc.com/

Most of the posse have been getting involved with the Hurstwic combat and history group with a sidebar of sudden longbow practice. It will be interesting to see if the fellows put on some demonstration. We had a bit last year.
www.hurstwic.com/

2CUlJhP.jpg

I generally have a mess of antiques and it is getting a little out of control. Adding some logistic issues this year, I will likely be cutting back on what I load out of storage. I need a plan, space and brain to continue my vice in some style. Maybe a non-profit org. The eagles likely and some reproductions. Knives, a plethora of EGW.

PkrKjjB.jpg

With some lead time, I will update any info or cancellations but I plan on at least a small table, or full blown. Life is uncertain. Let me know if one would like to participate in display. The club is wide open to any and all vendors/activity, just let them know. Lots of area(s) to set up. There is a regular blacksmith and reenactors, some camping out for the weekend.

Cheers

GC

My eye went right to "paintball". I'd give anything ~ okay, not quite anything...I'd pay $15 ~ to see a Civil War paintball battle. :D

Thanks for posting, and good luck at your event this year.

Well, about a month out from this. While I still plan to be there with some Americana, I am getting this ominous feeling weather may fight us this year. We have had some wet days and one torrential post hurricane outside that collapsed a canopy at the last moment. I can only cancel if truly that miserable but we did manage one day indoor next to the fiddlers (note bring earplugs ).

Manville 2008 002.jpg Manville2009 010.jpg

Back