Secret room discovered under house turns out to be part of Civil War underground railroad history

Belle Montgomery

2nd Lieutenant
Much of history is buried beneath the dirt, and in the case of Alexandra Poulos’s home in Pennsylvania an entire era of history is buried beneath her house. She lived there nearly her entire life before she discovered the truth. When she hired masons to dig beneath her house there was no way should could guess what they found, and what it revealed about the history of her home.

1. She always felt there were hidden rooms in her house
Alexandra Poulos is a person that feels a deep connection to her childhood home. She’s an adult now, but she grew up there, and the house has been in her family since her parents bought it in 1974. Of course, she loved it, and because it was only six miles outside of Philadelphia she suspected it had a history.
Poulos confided to a reporter in June of 2018 that “…when I was a child, I would have random dreams about there being other rooms in the house. I’d look it up on dream meanings sites and people always thought I just had a crazy imagination.” There were other rooms, but they were not in the house; they were underneath it.

2. A neighbor told them a secret about her house
“This is such a weird, odd story,” Poulos told the same reporter. At the time of the interview she was 43 years old and was the sole owner of the house. With some emotion, she spoke about how she lost both her mother and her brother in the same year.

REST OF STORY and PHOTOS: http://www.history101.com/secret-ro...UiKnrfKlpV4maqMdhZEPWUtJaHIUZK_NAKw5gbMXs41CQ

Back