Stonewall Searching for True Identity of Dr. George

First time posting here - but I'll give my hand at a reply. He was indeed married to Eleanor Junkin, she is a distant cousin of mine. Her grandfather John Cochran is my 6th great grandfather. I have studied their family far enough to know that their family was divided in the war. One of Eleanor's uncles served for the North - John Miller Junkin, was a surgeon for the 9th PA Cavalry. She also had 2 cousins, Bingham Findley Junkin and George Q Junkin that also served for the North for Pennsylvania, the latter having died at the battle of Spotsylvania May 12, 1864. She also had a cousin that served for Ohio as a surgeon, Dr James Galloway Junkin and an uncle, Lt. Matthew Oliver Junkin that served in the 30th Ohio. Another cousin WIlliam McCleary Junkin died at sea of yellow fever on the Union ship Potomac. All this to say, could there be a possibility he was sneaking in to see family, perhaps ones before they died? Just speculation, but thought I would add it to the conversation. Interested to keep reading and learning here on the forum!
Welcome to the forums and thank you for the additional Junkin Family information!

Back