Scott & Bearskin Lake Railway, Scott, Arkansas

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Image (36).jpg

Although admittedly not of Civil War vintage, these locomotives and rolling stock nevertheless have a Civil War connection; for more, please see:

Image (26).jpg

If it actually ever offers rides to the public could you please state the name and location of that old railway?
If you follow the link provided in the OP you will see that it is long defunct. The locomotives and rolling stock were removed to Eureka Springs, Ark. back around 1980 and prospered for a while but the last time I saw them they were slowly rotting away in a state of decay. I plan on taking my first trip there in around a decade NEXT WEEK and hope to be able to report on the progress.

If you follow the link provided in the OP you will see that it is long defunct. The locomotives and rolling stock were removed to Eureka Springs, Ark. back around 1980 and prospered for a while but the last time I saw them they were slowly rotting away in a state of decay. I plan on taking my first trip there in around a decade NEXT WEEK and hope to be able to report on the progress.
Thanks, it looked like a great thing for the grandsons to experience. After this pandemic, of course.

View attachment 378446

Although admittedly not of Civil War vintage, these locomotives and rolling stock nevertheless have a Civil War connection; for more, please see:

View attachment 378447
The boiler rivets can be seen. Riding steam powered transportation is a unique experience.

Back