Saw at Duncan Mills (CA)

gary

Captain
During the reenactment this past weekend a fellow who protrayed a Sutler. He had a stack of books, some canned foods, candles, matches and other dry goods. Behind his tent there were boxes upon boxes of dry goods with various markings. It was quite interesting but I behaved and didn't cry Rally Boys, Rally!

I ended up buyin a 3 band Enfeild from one sutler(insert manical laughter here-->). Had a great time and met several nice people. Oh Gary, I ended up going on Sunday, sorry I missed you. I think I'll have to breack down and join a unit, I had a great time.
-Jesse

On Saturday (the only day I attended), during the battle demonstrations, the bleachers were filled and so were the hay bales. There were plenty of people sitting on the grass in front of the bleachers & plenty of folks standing behind the hay bales. When they allowed the crowd to interact with the soldiers in camp, it wasn't elbow to elbow but there were groups gathered around the demonstrators (especially surgeons) and plenty of people moving about.

Back