Savas Beatie to Reprint Bearss Vicksburg Trilogy

huskerblitz

Major
Seen this just a couple of hours ago:

CONTRACT SIGNED / Feel free to share!

This is a very advanced notice that Ed Bearss and I have reached an agreement and Savas Beatie we will be reprinting his magnum opus, "The Vicksburg Campaign" (3 vols), complete with a new Foreword by former Vicksburg chief historian and award-winning author Terry Winschel, in the spring of 2021.

And yes, as many of you have asked, Ed is signing 100 special book plates (Terry W will sign those also) for the first 100 signed and numbered copies, which the publisher will sign on the bottom of the title page.
This will also be a very small run (500 or smaller). Dark red nice cloth, foil stamping, sewn bindings, head and foot bands, high quality paper. 2,250 pages.
This set opened my eyes to the breadth and depth of this campaign, and having a role getting it back in print is exciting. Ed is excited too and my goal is to move quickly so we can get him a set while he is still with us.
No pricing yet, but we will work, as always, to keep it reasonable.

So...there is your early heads up. Make sure you get our newsletter because once we begin, they will go fast:
https://www.savasbeatie.com/sb-newsletter/
Thank you as always for your support.

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
This one is new to me. I haven't gotten that far in my studies yet. I am still trying to work my way out of Virginia. I would also be interested in this set if my budget can stand it. Thanks for doing this. I think what your are doing is wonderful.

Belfoured

2nd Lieutenant
This one is new to me. I haven't gotten that far in my studies yet. I am still trying to work my way out of Virginia. I would also be interested in this set if my budget can stand it. Thanks for doing this. I think what your are doing is wonderful.
It is still absolutely essential for anybody with an interest in Vicksburg.

Bradley

Private
I will definitely be preordering and hopefully can snag one of the first one hundred. Hopeful that this is affordable on my Graduate Student budget.

Militarybooks

Private
Official Vendor
10 DAYS TO SET OUT PRINT RUN, FOLKS.

NEW: VOL. 2 DUST JACKET (!) & read the new Foreword by Terry Winschel, Historian (Ret.), Vicksburg National Military Park, NOW!

(Click on link at top of main description): https://tinyurl.com/y4w75vds

Happy New Year everyone. We have to finalize our print run in 10 days, so here is another dust jacket. Pre-order info is below. No payment until April 2021, and easy terms if you need them.

LIMITED SMALL PRINT RUN (500 sets or fewer). Our printing of Ed Bearss' masterful Vicksburg trilogy (3 vols) will be awesome (guaranteed), and about $600+ cheaper than the original set is right now. Ours is dramatically better.

DUST JACKET: Tell us what you think!

SPECIFICATIONS: TITLE: "The Campaign for Vicksburg" (3 vols.), about 2,252 pages.

AUTHOR: Edwin C. Bearss

BINDING: Sewn, head and foot bands, nice quality paper. MAPS: The original set had dozens of old-style black and white maps. All original maps will remain!

FULL-COLOR 24 ORIGINAL MAPS BY HAL JESPERSEN (cartographer extraordinaire). These maps depict actions spanning the entire campaign and will be bound INTO the books (8 maps per volume).

MORE ENHANCMENTS: A Publisher's Preface (which Ted will sign for you if you ask) and a special new (long) Foreword by Terry Winschel (retired chief historian at Vicksburg) + a photos of a younger Ed from his private family album you have never seen.

PRE-ORDER: Email: [email protected] / Call 916-941-6896 (leave voicemail if we are gone or don't pick up....)

TERMS? If you need terms, just ask. We are easy and we understand.

READ MORE:
https://tinyurl.com/y4w75vds
Savas Beatie is your sole-source provider. No Amazon, no general wholesalers. Please feel free to share this post. Thank you!

The Campaign for Vicksburg jackets vol 2_Layout 1.jpg