Savas Beatie Gettysburg Trip

Red Raider

Private
For those of you who are not on the newsletter, Savas Beatie is having a meet-up in August. More details and a list of authors attending will be pe provided soon. Hopefully, some of the authors here on CWT will be able to attend. Sign-up for the newsletter to get the info when it first happens. I will try and update this thread when I get more info. I booked my hotel on Thursday when I got home from my Gettysburg trip. Time for round two this year!

1622891720287.png

I'm around 4 hours. I live just outside Pittsburgh. We need to set a location for CWT members to meet up Saturday morning since it will probably be the first full day of events.

Sure thing. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Please be sure to introduce yourself to me.

I have a 6+ hour drive to get to Gettysburg, which is what makes a Friday tour unlikely.
Do you know yet what your tour will be? I am looking forward to meeting you.

David

That is the weekend before we move my daughter into college. I'd like to go but those dates are definitely going to be iffy for me, as of now.

Ryan

Folks, if you want to attend a historically accurate representation...take the tour with @Eric Wittenberg! You will be glad you did! Thanks, Eric for bringing us our Heritage.
And for background, getting a copy of Devil's to Pay will make this even more worthwhile. Could set you up for asking some challenging questions of the author. 😎 It's an excellent purchase for anybody not attending, as well.

@MRB1863 I will have to get a copy and read it before I go. @Eric Wittenberg I actually wrote a paper on "The Greatest Cavalryman," John Buford, for my Cavalry and Intelligence class for my Master's. There is so much I did not know about that man that I wish I knew when I wrote it. I am looking forward to your tour and lecture in August.

Back