Saratoga Springs Stereoview

Anna Elizabeth Henry

1st Lieutenant
Silver Patron
Found this interesting and very colorful image on Pinterest last night. It looks like a stereoview from the border on the top. It's stamped in the lower right corner as being from the Saratoga Springs Library. My guess its part of a historical collection of photos. It looks to be from the 1860's judging from the clothing. The colorization is quite...ummm...unique :whistling:

IMG_1398.JPG

Every time I start researching Saratoga Springs I end up ditching the project. It dripped wealth and seemed so far removed from the war being fought- it feels surreal, you know?

That colorizing is odd, isn't it? Even for Saratoga Springs those dresses and hats are elaborate too- maybe someone trying to indicate what we're seeing was an Easter Sunday?

Found this interesting and very colorful image on Pinterest last night. It looks like a stereoview from the border on the top. It's stamped in the lower right corner as being from the Saratoga Springs Library. My guess its part of a historical collection of photos. It looks to be from the 1860's judging from the clothing. The colorization is quite...ummm...unique :whistling:

View attachment 110214
Including and especially the gent. on the left.

Back