Roundheads of the One hundredth

Rebforever

Lt. Colonel
Anyone heard of this unit?

https://ehistory.osu.edu/books/official-records/006/0048

Numbers 2. Report of Brigadier General Isaac I. Stevens, U. S. Army.
HEADQUARTERS SECOND BRIGADE EXPED'Y CORPS, Beuarfort, S. C., January 3, 1862
………………………………..............................................

On the 31st instant, leaving two companies of the Roundhead [One hundredth, and one company at the cross-roads, 3 miles from this place, to relieve the two companies of the Fiftieth Pennsylvania Volunteers there on duty, I advanced the remaining eight companies of the Roundhead Regiment to the advanced posts on the island. I withdrew, at the same time, seven companies of the Seventy-ninth New York (Highlanders) from these advanced posts for the operation on our right. At Seabrook two companies of the Highlanders and two companies of the Roundheads, under Captain Elliott, of the Highlanders, were to cross the river, land on the main, destroy the enemy's works, and bring away his guns and other property. At the ferry one company of Highlanders and four companies of the Roundheads were to observe the enemy and cross over should circumstances favor it. At the point running down from the ferry opposite to the Brick-yard Ransom's two guns of Hamilton's battery were placed to cover the advance of the land party and to act according to circumstances. The entire remaining force, consisting of seven companies of Highlanders, Major Morrison; the Eighth Michigan, Colonel Fenton; Fiftieth Pennsylvania Volunteers, Colonel Christ; the Forty-seventh New York, Lieutenant-Colonel Fraser, and the Forty-eighth New York, Colonel Perry, were destined to form the land party, to operate against the enemy's left………………………………......................

I am, sir, very respectfully, your most obedient,

ISAAC I. STEVENS,

Brigadier-General, Commanding Land Forces.

Captain L. H. PELOUZE,

They were from the Pittsburgh Pa area where many Roundheads from the English Revolution settled. I had a GGGrandfather in that Regiment.

This website will tell everything you want to know about the 100th Pennsylvania.

http://www.100thpenn.com/

campaigning-roundheads-100th-regiment_1_79f72bb16379b29cbf014d7567b57d36.jpg

F960B01976F8A1DE.jpg

Slide16Gillfillian.JPG

Back