Silver Patron
1610331929385.png

CivilWarTalk Presents:
Ronald S. Coddington
Author & Editor/publisher of
Military Images magazine
In A Live Video Presentation
Wednesday, January 13 at 8:30 pm EST on ZOOM

Ronald S. Coddington is the editor and publisher of Military Images magazine. He is the author of:
  • Faces of the Civil War: An Album of Union Soldiers and Their Stories
  • Faces of the Confederacy: An Album of Southern Soldiers and Their Stories
  • African American Faces of War: An Album
  • Faces of the Civil War Navies: An Album of Union and Confederate Sailors
His fifth and final volume in the series, Faces of Civil War Nurses, was just released in October 2020. All are published by The Johns Hopkins University Press. Mr. Coddington is a frequent contributor to the New York Times series 'Disunion' and a regular columnist for The Civil War News.

While other kids in his Middlesex, N.J. neighborhood collected baseball cards, the young Coddington browsed flea markets looking for old photographs. When he purchased his first photo in 1977, he had no idea that collecting historic images would become a lifelong pursuit. He originally collected various formats of vernacular photography dating from the 1840s to the 1890s. Over time, Coddington focused his collection on Civil War era cartes de visite, a paper format popular during the 1860s.

Mr. Coddington will discuss the carte de visite in Civil War America - connecting the CDV to the origins of photography, its arrival in the U.S. just before the war, its gradual fade from popularity, and its rediscovery by modern collectors. Don't miss this opportunity as Mr. Coddington shares his vast knowledge of Civil War era cartes de visite!

See the Live Video Presentation on Zoom!

Reserve your seat today! Seating is limited! You don't need to be a CivilWarTalk member to attend the presentation.

Register today for this LIVE presentation!

Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!
1610636262945.png
After registering, you will receive an email which includes the link to join the meeting on January 13.​

Last edited by a moderator:

lelliott19

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
It's time to register to participate in CivilWarTalk presents Wednesday, January 13 at 8:30pm EST when our guest will be Ronald S. Coddington, editor and publisher of Military Images magazine. Mr. Coddington is a premier authority on Civil War era images, with a special interest in cartes de visite. Join us as he shares some of his favorite images and the stories that go with them.

Dave DuBrucq

Corporal
It's time to register to participate in CivilWarTalk presents Wednesday, January 13 at 8:30pm EST when our guest will be Ronald S. Coddington, editor and publisher of Military Images magazine. Mr. Coddington is a premier authority on Civil War era images, with a special interest in cartes de visite. Join us as he shares some of his favorite images and the stories that go with them.
Do I need to register again. I was all set for Lance, just need to know if a new registration is required. Thanks.

JPChurch

First Sergeant
I hope you'll plan to join us on Wednesday at 8:30pm EST!
Will do, by the way I passed by the house under renovation behind the Dogan house just yesterday. Looks like a lot of work has been done since the last time I saw it. Far from completion however. Last time I was on Zoom, the other end wasn't receiving my audio for some reason. I've tested it since then and it's putting out a signal according to Microsoft and other testing websites on the internet.

lelliott19

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Will do, by the way I passed by the house under renovation behind the Dogan house just yesterday. Looks like a lot of work has been done since the last time I saw it. Far from completion however. Last time I was on Zoom, the other end wasn't receiving my audio for some reason. I've tested it since then and it's putting out a signal according to Microsoft and other testing websites on the internet.
@JPChurch if you will go to zoom updates and update your Zoom Client to the latest version, I believe your audio issue will be resolved.

For anyone who will be joining us for the first time on Wednesday, download the Zoom Client for Meetings located here https://zoom.us/download in advance. That should make joining the meeting super easy. An auto email confirmation is sent when you register. That auto email includes a link to the meeting. If you already have the latest version of Zoom client downloaded, when its time to join the meeting, all you will need to do is click the link and allow the permissions for launching the platform.

lelliott19

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
It's not to late too register and join us tomorrow night for CivilWarTalk Present: Ronald S. Coddington! If you are interested in Civil War era images, this is one you dont want to miss! Editor and publisher of Military Images magazine, Mr. Coddington is a recognized authority on Civil War era images.

Seating is limited and this one is likely to be a full house! Register today to reserve your seat.

JPChurch

First Sergeant
@JPChurch if you will go to zoom updates and update your Zoom Client to the latest version, I believe your audio issue will be resolved.

For anyone who will be joining us for the first time on Wednesday, download the Zoom Client for Meetings located here https://zoom.us/download in advance. That should make joining the meeting super easy. An auto email confirmation is sent when you register. That auto email includes a link to the meeting. If you already have the latest version of Zoom client downloaded, when its time to join the meeting, all you will need to do is click the link and allow the permissions for launching the platform.
ok, I think I got it done..........

lelliott19

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Its not too late to plan to join us tonight at 8:30 pm EST for Ronald S. Coddington on The Carte de Visite in Civil War America! Seating is limited but there is still some availability. REGISTER HERE