NF Robert Turner, Thomas Jefferson and the Hemings Controversy

Non-Fiction

TerryB

Lt. Colonel
Just caught part of a C-SPAN show about the Thomas Jefferson-Sally Hemings controversy. Robert Turner is a professor of History at the University of Virginia. He doesn't believe Jefferson was the father and offers pretty good arguments.

Just caught part of a C-SPAN show about the Thomas Jefferson-Sally Hemings controversy. Robert Turner is a professor of History at the University of Virginia. He doesn't believe Jefferson was the father and offers pretty good arguments.

But wasn't a DNA test done on Hemmings' descendents that showed that there was some intermixing?

R

But wasn't a DNA test done on Hemmings' descendents that showed that there was some intermixing?

R
Could have been any one of a dozen men. They came down real hard on the 1998 Nature article for not having any scientific basis for its claims. My guess is one of TJ's nephews.

Could have been any one of a dozen men. They came down real hard on the 1998 Nature article for not having any scientific basis for its claims. My guess is one of TJ's nephews.

Ok. It had been a while since I had read anything about it since I never really had much interest in that whole particular drama.

R

Okay per @Bee I moved the discussion to the appropriate thread. @WJC per the lunk to the Monticello site on the first page of the link in 2010 the majority of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation scholars believe based on a through examination of the evidence that yes Thomas Jefferson was Sally Hemmings baby daddy for all six children.
Leftyhunter

Reactions: Bee
Okay per @Bee I moved the discussion to the appropriate thread. @WJC per the lunk to the Monticello site on the first page of the lunk in 2010 the majority of the Thomas Jefferson Foundation scholars believe based on a through examination of the evidence that yes Thomas Jefferson was Sally Hemmings baby daddy for all six children.
Leftyhunter
Thanks for your response.
I just mentioned that in my latest response. Again, we are only regurgitating old information.

Back