Robbing Sisters Of Mercy, Or, How To Get Beaten Up In Prison, 1863

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
nun crop.jpg

From Harper's Weekly, illustration memorializing service given so freely by Catholic Sisters. They healed body and soul in acts of compassion so numerous there's no hope we could thank all of them.

There are scoundrels and there are baffling scoundrels.

Our Sister were seriously revered during those awful years. And should have been. North and South their deeds of sheer compassion were legendary. They still are, legions of Clara's quietly, selflessly soaked the blood of wounded and dying from habits in the night after long days spent healing - or walking with them to meet death.

Caught my eye while looking for something else. 1863.

sisters robbed 1863.JPG

You just know the Sisters went to visit them in prison, too. I don't mean to spout religion but as a PK, you absorb a lot. Some of it sticks, you know? Sisters always make me think of the Benediction ending service each week- includes ' ...the Peace that passes all understanding '. That's our Sisters.

There are some things you would think no one would do, robbing sisters is one. But I know several stories where poor boxes in churches were robbed.

That is amazing the price of the foods.

Wow, how low can you get? >_<

I am glad that the three were dealt with though, and the sisters showed a lot more compassion by visiting them in prison than I would have in the situation.

Back