Collection Rifle Display

There are also a couple companies out of India that sell non firing replicas... honestly I've found their quality better than Denix as the Denix is just pot metal.
I’ve not had a look at the replicas from India, the denix replicas used to be really bad but they seemed to have improved their quality over recent years. They make good wall hangers and they look the part but they wouldn’t be any good for a reenactment or rough handling. Some of the other companies are asking around £400 for a replica Brown Bess whereas a company like denix would charge about £200, the prices for replicas are too high seeing that I could buy an original deactivated Brown Bess for £350.

Southern swords has a replica browning high powered pistol for sale, the only issue is that a collector in the UK could go to prison for owning it, seriously, our gun laws prohibit owning anything that could be misconstrued as being the real thing. In order to own any replica of a modern weapon we have to either work for a museum or prove that we belong to a military reenactment group.

I’ve not had a look at the replicas from India, the denix replicas used to be really bad but they seemed to have improved their quality over recent years. They make good wall hangers and they look the part but they wouldn’t be any good for a reenactment or rough handling. Some of the other companies are asking around £400 for a replica Brown Bess whereas a company like denix would charge about £200, the prices for replicas are too high seeing that I could buy an original deactivated Brown Bess for £350.

Southern swords has a replica browning high powered pistol for sale, the only issue is that a collector in the UK could go to prison for owning it, seriously, our gun laws prohibit owning anything that could be misconstrued as being the real thing. In order to own any replica of a modern weapon we have to either work for a museum or prove that we belong to a military reenactment group.
Thank God I live in the US. I’ve been giving talks and setting firearms displays for 20 years... I’d never survive in the UK.

Thank God I live in the US. I’ve been giving talks and setting firearms displays for 20 years... I’d never survive in the UK.

It’s not all bad here, I’m still legally entitled to own a longbow, I’m just not allowed to leave my house with it. Interestingly, I’m still required by law to practice longbow training for at least two hours per week (not on a Sunday) , it’s one of those medieval laws that never got repealed.

My friends and I are currently working on our shield wall techniques, you know, just in case the Russians decide to invade.

I still remember those famous words spoken by our great King Harold, at Hastings he was heard to say ‘you wanna be careful with those arrows, you might have somebody’s eye out’.

B5A2FB87-C3F5-4FFA-970C-755D1F87D0C1.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s not all bad here, I’m still legally entitled to own a longbow, I’m just not allowed to leave my house with it. Interestingly, I’m still required by law to practice longbow training for at least two hours per week (not on a Sunday) , it’s one of those medieval laws that never got repealed.

My friends and I are currently working on our shield wall techniques, you know, just in case the Russians decide to invade.
Waterloo50:

A few years ago, someone discovered a law on the books of one of the New England states which required every man carry a musket and ammunition with him to church on Sunday. It was passed as a community safety measure, since pretty much everyone left home to go to the church each Sunday, and there was concern that if an attack was made on the community at that time, all the arms would be at home and not available. I don't know if they repealed it or left it on the books.

Your comment made me think that great old Peter Sellers movie, "The Mouse That Roared" in which the smallest country in the world, the fictional Ducky of Fenwick located between France and Switzerland decided to invade the US, immediately lose the War, and then get Marshall Plan type aid from the US.
The Duchy's two-dozen man invasion force rows ashore in New York City, clothed in mail shirts and steel helmets, armed with longbows, which is the most modern weapon allowed by the Duchy's constitution.

Last edited:

I still remember those famous words spoken by our great King Harold, at Hastings he was heard to say ‘you wanna be careful with those arrows, you might have somebody’s eye out’.

View attachment 382389

Don't forgot on any given Sunday you can shoot a Welshman or Scotsman with a Longbow and by Law you cant stand trial... :confused: .

The Denix are just copies of the originals, I have a colt peacemaker and it’s indistinguishable from the original, my Brown Bess and colt navy are also pretty good. The LeMat is also an excellent reproduction and very weighty. No licence required as they cannot be converted for live firing. There’s a few of photos somewhere on CWT that I posted of my collection. I’ll see if I can find the link. In the meantime here’s a link to denix. It’s getting close to crimbo so they have a sale on...
https://www.thearmoury.shop/denix/d...MI8OGmn6aP7QIVyuvtCh3QVg_hEAAYASAAEgL35vD_BwE

I was looking at buying a Colt Army from them and was wondering about the quality. A non firing replica is as close as I’ll ever get to one in this country.

I was looking at buying a Colt Army from them and was wondering about the quality. A non firing replica is as close as I’ll ever get to one in this country.
The Colt Army, the quality is pretty good and all parts work as they should, they look authentic enough when displayed. I’ll try and post a few pics of mine tomorrow at some point.

Back