Richmond National Battlefield(s)

I'm sorry, I thought you were there recently as well.
That's ok. Like others have said,thanks for the pics. Good stuff. Wish I could hit Spotsylvania on my trip but it ain't gonna happen.

Whats the significance of the stones on JEB's grave? Getting around to looking at more of my photos and maybe posting some more...

Attachments

• DSC02001.JPG
    DSC02001.JPG
    296.4 KB · Views: 132
I am pretty much set on a trip to Richmond in a few weeks for 2-3 days (still cant figure that out). Has anyone visited, and am curious what the 7 Days battlefields are like:
  • Mechanicsville (Beaver Dam)
  • Gaines Mill
  • Savage Station
  • Glendale
  • White Oak Swamp
  • Malvern Hill
I also want to go to Tredegar to start, Hollywood Cemetery, and probably Cold Harbor because it looks very close to Gaines Mill. Maybe Museum of the Confederacy?

Looking at nps map/google, it doesn't appear most of these are that large other than maybe Malvern Hill. Can the 7 days be viewed in one day without being completely rushed? Or is this more of 1.5 day thing?

Is there anything at Seven Pines?
Thank you for this thread
Just studying the conflict in and around Richmond and the Peninsular Campaign
great pics and advice

My son and I started our Richmond Battlefields tour at the Chickahominy Bluff overlook at 0700 hours and finished touring Drewry's Bluff at 1800 hours. We took our time and walked the trails at Totopotomoy Creek, Gaines' Mill, Cold Harbor and Malvern Hill. We even stopped by the Berkeley Plantation and Deep Bottom. We took plenty of photos and we had a blast!

Bill

Back