Petersburg/Richmond Richmond-June 1862

I am new to the site and learning my way. I was looking for the exactly where to post a specific questions. It appears my best bet is to start a new thread. If I am missing something please let me know. My question regarding Richmond - June 1862 ... I am writing a series of civil war fiction novels on the ACW and the Reconstruction period that followed. I vary my point of view North and South bringing in more of the minutia that readers are rarely presented with. I offer alternating civilian, political and military perspectives. I am currently on a chapter at the time of the Battle of Seven Pines. In it I want to present what was happening in Richmond as the battle commenced. Based on what I just presented - what was happening there? How was the population and its politicians reacting? I am imagining there was a great deal of panic. I do appreciate any leads you can give me. Stay well.

Lubliner

Captain
Forum Host
Sorry for the lapse of time in receiving an answer to your question. I don't know for certain without checking with the Official Records to 'witness' the pulse of governmental activity, such as militia calls, etc. My last moments spent were in March of 1862 when Magruder was trying to buttress the defenses of the Peninsula and Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk, as well as Yorktown, Gloucester, Williamsburg and Mulberry Island. Hopefully some followers will look in now and give some clues for you. Thank you for your patience.
Lubliner.

atlantis

Sergeant Major
The battle started much later than planned and the real wake up call for Richmond residents came when casualties started to be brought into the city which was unprepared for such numbers.