Rhodes Hall: A Mansion in Atlanta Showcasing the History of the Confederacy

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Eleanor Rose

Captain
Forum Host
Thanks to the Longstreet Society, I just discovered Rhodes Hall in Atlanta, GA. Per their website:

“The interior of Rhodes Hall is one of the finest intact expressions of late Victorian architectural design in the city. The grandest feature is a magnificent series of painted glass windows above a carved mahogany staircase. Executed by the Von Gerichten Art Glass Company, winners of four gold medals at the St. Louis Exposition in 1904, the series depicts the rise and fall of the Confederacy from Fort Sumter to Appomattox and includes medallion portraits of fifteen key Confederate military and political figures.”

Among those key Confederate military figures is my favorite general, James Longstreet. I recognize my favorite general on the right and General Beauregard in the middle, but I need help identifying the fellow on the far left. Any ideas?

Close-up of General Longstreet.
Rhodes Hall 2.jpg

Rhodes Hall is open to the public for historical tours on Saturdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Guided Behind-the-Scenes tours are offered on specific Saturdays each month with tours starting at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. Dates for guided tours are posted monthly.

Have you ever visited Rhodes Hall? If you have or if you go, please post some pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WJC
Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!