Equestriangirl93

First Sergeant
IMG_20181207_130548712_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181207_130613192.jpg
IMG_20181207_130634416_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181207_130754788_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181207_130814295.jpg
IMG_20181207_130832846_HDR.jpg

Great photographs. Are these monuments located near the Thomas Jefferson Medical College? I remember seeing a George McClellan monument but not the Reynold's monument. Could there be more than one McClellan monument in Philadelphia? I'm confused. David.

Great photographs. Are these monuments located near the Thomas Jefferson Medical College? I remember seeing a George McClellan monument but not the Reynold's monument. Could there be more than one McClellan monument in Philadelphia? I'm confused. David.

There's a state historical marker in the middle of Jefferson's campus (900 block of Walnut St) that marks the location of McClellan's childhood home. Maybe you're thinking of that? There's now a Wawa at that location.

Wonder if there are any Confederate statues like with John Fulton Reynolds and George B. McClellan with Christmas decorations? Can anyone please kindly provide me one.

I was visiting The Christmas Village, today and found the statues. Interestingly, they are located on the north side of City Hall, facing north, of course.

The Christmas Village (and the tree outside of City Hall) is beautiful!! I walked through the village when I took pictures of these statues. I was in the city for the Army/Navy pep rally on 16th and Chestnut Streets and decided to take a little walk around town afterwards :smile:

There's a state historical marker in the middle of Jefferson's campus (900 block of Walnut St) that marks the location of McClellan's childhood home. Maybe you're thinking of that? There's now a Wawa at that location.
My mother went to Thomas Jefferson Medical College so I am familiar with that portion of Philadelphia and I am aware of the site of McClellan's childhood home, which by the way in the colonial era was known as the Northern Liberties. My question is whether there are two statues for McClellan in two different locations? My knowledge of Philadelphia is restricted to Walnut, Pine and Locust-the area of Independence Hall, Franklin's House, and Pennsylvania Hospital. David.

My mother went to Thomas Jefferson Medical College so I am familiar with that portion of Philadelphia and I am aware of the site of McClellan's childhood home, which by the way in the colonial era was known as the Northern Liberties. My question is whether there are two statues for McClellan in two different locations? My knowledge of Philadelphia is restricted to Walnut, Pine and Locust-the area of Independence Hall, Franklin's House, and Pennsylvania Hospital. David.

There's no statue of McClellan in the area of Jeff's campus. As far as I know the only statue of a Civil War general besides those at City Hall is one of Meade, which can be found near Memorial Hall in West Fairmount Park.

Also, the location of McClellan's childhood home was firmly within the limits of the City of Philadelphia in the Colonial era. Northern Liberties was located north of Vine Street and was a suburb of the city pre-consolidation (1854).

There's no statue of McClellan in the area of Jeff's campus. As far as I know the only statue of a Civil War general besides those at City Hall is one of Meade, which can be found near Memorial Hall in West Fairmount Park.

Also, the location of McClellan's childhood home was firmly within the limits of the City of Philadelphia in the Colonial era. Northern Liberties was located north of Vine Street and was a suburb of the city pre-consolidation (1854).
Thank You very much for the information. Our family every year since mother graduated from Jefferson would faithfully attend her class reunion until her death in 2003. This was the only time of the year we would visit Philadelphia. My mother had numerous friends who lived in the city and the surrounding suburbs who we would take time to visit. I always thought all these years that particular area of the city was known as the Northern Liberties. Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. I certainly appreciate it. David.

Back